PDA

View Full Version : Come join the Mechwarrior fun!

jasonwestmas
12-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Hey Lightwave friends, come join the MechWarrior Fun!! http://mwomercs.com/

I've been dreaming of a game like this ever since I was a teenager. :D Really fun board game and even more fun as a FPS.

Free to learn cheap to play. You get play money called C-bills and XP points to spend after each battle when you purchase a battlemech.

My handle is MachSkinner

Some Tips: Stick together with your team mates, keep moving and know when to stand your ground. Worst thing you can do is run around with your head cut off and not protect your buddy. I think ganging up on the larger mechs is most effective as well.

Cryonic
12-16-2012, 12:43 PM
No Clan? sigh... but I wanted a Timberwolf.

ShadowMystic
12-16-2012, 02:16 PM
No Clan? sigh... but I wanted a Timberwolf.

I hear ya. Most of my favorites were clan: Timber Wolf( Mad Cat) Mad Cat Mk II Daishi Shadow Cat. Though, there were some IS mechs: Uziel, Catapult.

Cryonic
12-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Take a Gallahad; Replace the railguns with 3 Clan ER PPCs; Upgrade the heatsinks and put some down in the legs; Add a Targeting Computer and put a pilot in the Mech with a Gunnery Skill of 2...

This is what I did in one of our boardgame campaigns. Needless to say, the other side (playing IS) hated our Clan Star because of that configuration.

Amurrell
12-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Used to play Battletech and Mech Warrior every other day in the summer as a kid. This looks pretty good.

jasonwestmas
12-16-2012, 06:35 PM
yep, it is pretty good so far and it's only a beta. Had a lot of good times with battletech, an excuse to get out of the house or invite people over. =)

Cryonic
12-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Catalyst (current Licensee for the Battletech boardgame) has a guy that comes to the FLGS once a month and runs missions. The only problem... he's limited in space and so it is the same 5 or 6 people that get to play each month. Having done an actual boardgame tournament, I'd rather never play with the miniatures again and would prefer something that could either be played online or over a local network. Online is great as you don't have to all gather in one place, so family issues are less of a problem. But would not want a MMO style feel to it where just anyone could join and have to fight against, heheh.

jasonwestmas
12-17-2012, 08:10 AM
I do hope they offer a way to create a private gathering online if not locally. There is a friends list but no way to limit the amount of players. =)

Ma3rk
12-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Oh, oh. I just might have to give this a try but I sense a time sponge. Played the entire series long, long ago. Never could get the hang of using mouse controls though and was one of the few non flying games that used a flight controller. Still have my WingMan just in case though.

calilifestyle
12-19-2012, 12:08 PM
After playing Hawken ..( http://www.playhawken.com/) ireally think is best mech game in the market.

jasonwestmas
12-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Whoah didn't know that one was out! Year of the mech games.

jasonwestmas
12-19-2012, 03:38 PM
After playing Hawken ..( http://www.playhawken.com/) ireally think is best mech game in the market.

After taking a look at both now, it's Apples and Oranges! Totally different experiences. =)