PDA

View Full Version : Speededit or Adobe Premier?

Lars Borg
12-14-2012, 12:36 AM
We do sports and right now use a TC40. When doing fancy highlights where we blend interviews videos and broadcast video, also keep different audio channels and mix them all in a professional way.

Right now we use Premier, but would we save time using speededit?

SantiagoVa
12-14-2012, 10:13 AM
It may eventually save time if everything is done on the TC40. However, if you are well experienced in Premiere and no experience with SpeedEdit, it may be best to stay with Premiere.

Lars Borg
12-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Well this was our thinking as well....we always save the broadcast on a USB stick and edit everything on very powerful machine, and of course we are very much into Premiere.

KCPro
01-18-2013, 09:47 PM
Strongly suggest you try Sony Vegas.
I have almost every NLE software available including SpeedEdit & Premiere CS6, but I use Sony Vegas 11 & 12 between 4 to 8 hours everyday.
When you use it in a Intel i7 Sandy Bridge with a GTX560Ti video card you have a system that:

1. Can take the large files from a Tricaster and allow you to edit from the timeline.
2. VERY fact render times.
3. More flexability in the settings.
4. High Quality output.

(note there have been stability issues with the new Ivy Bridge processors, Sandy Bridge is rock solid)
Hope this helps you.
Dave Galegor
Kicking Cow Productions
Aurora, CO USA

sukardi
01-18-2013, 10:37 PM
There is a new Sony Vegas Suite packaged with Hitfilm Ultimate. Looking very impressive. You even get Newblue Titler Pro thrown is as well (unadvertised).

I have just upgraded but haven't managed to play around with it yet...

KCPro
01-20-2013, 12:31 AM
Titler Pro works great.
I have Hitfilm I use it time to time, very impressive package.
In terms of addon packages, I mostly use BorisFx packages.
If you are new to Vegas, you can go to http://vasst.com/home.aspx
they have very good training videos that will get you up to speed fast.

Lee-AVP
01-22-2013, 02:37 PM
We have been playing with Hitfilm and it's got my attention. Not in our real workflow yet, but we will keep playing with it.

It may eventually save time if everything is done on the TC40. However, if you are well experienced in Premiere and no experience with SpeedEdit, it may be best to stay with Premiere.

Well. There's also the fact that the '40 doesn't have SpeedEdit. :)

doabgah
02-26-2013, 04:00 AM
I think EDIUS is also good