PDA

View Full Version : Slow Tech Support....? or....

MrFurious
12-12-2012, 10:06 PM
I'm an old Lightwave user re-visiting the software after a long hiatus. Really I should say TRYING to re-visit. I have an educational license and wish to upgrade to LW11 before the December special offer ends. Emailed Newtek for help registering my old version through the Newtek site before I can upgrade, sent them my reg/dongle details and two and a half days later I'm still waiting, what gives? Won't be too pleased if day after the 14th Newtek send me a reply...

Cryonic
12-13-2012, 12:07 AM
I'd suggest calling them, but that might be a bit expensive since you're in Australia. Maybe try the reseller for your country.

http://www.newtek.com/component/sobicategorysort/?sub5=1390&view=sobicategorysort&iscatgset=15&sub2=445

MrFurious
12-13-2012, 12:15 AM
Thanks Cryonic, unfortunately I did start with my local reseller but they don't offer Poser 2012. I'd really like to take advantage of this offer but seems the powers that be aren't going to allow this to happen.

jwiede
12-13-2012, 03:36 AM
If it's their delay that pushes past the deadline, then I'd definitely mention that to them, and point out that you made a good faith effort to complete the transaction before the deadline. In my dealings with them, Newtek CS has always been willing to go the extra steps to address issues.

MrFurious
12-13-2012, 05:34 AM
That's reassuring, cheers jwiede.

eagleeyed
12-13-2012, 06:17 AM
Being from Australia I would also definately recommend calling them, having to contact their Customer Service by phone and email in the past with license issues.
I found phone was a lot more reliable.

I just call from my VoIP phone which is a couple of cents a minute, Skype may be an option if you don't have a landline that has reasonable costs.
If not, my mobile plan also has international calls as part of the cap, so that might be another option.

kopperdrake
12-13-2012, 07:32 AM
Yep - I'd also Skype them, I've phoned more than once (using Skype) from the UK and it really was worth the time to call them directly.

DigitalDeuce
12-13-2012, 10:40 AM
I have replied to you in the PM here - I'll do my best to assist.

DigitalDeuce
12-13-2012, 10:49 AM
I have sent a pm, let me try to help

DigitalDeuce
12-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Found you - -and you're ready for upgrading to take advantage now, Mr. Furious.

MrFurious
12-15-2012, 07:57 AM
Thanks all for the feedback, the guys at newtek have sorted me out. I really should have thought to Voip them though.. will look at setting up my Skype account for Voip. (never used Voip before!...)

Cheers,
Dino.