PDA

View Full Version : WIP - New filmmaker's competition site...

Stranahan
11-03-2003, 12:58 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm working on a site that's going to host filmmaker's competitions. The site is heavily under construction, but the Forums are working - just devoid of users.

The first planned competition is going to be animation, because it's nearest and dearest to my heart - check the site for more details, although at this point NOTHING is written in stone. At all. Any information you see is subject to change.

If any of you brave souls would check out http://www.MadeInAWeekend.com and sign up on the forums, it's be much appreciated.

skarab
11-03-2003, 01:30 AM
sounds like a cool idea, I think having such a tight deadline will spark a lot of creativity and you'll end up with a lot of inovative films.
I've worked on a couple of films with friends before, some having won awards. Maybe they might team up with, but we all have tight deadlines so I'm not sure.

good luck

oliver

Stranahan
11-03-2003, 01:33 AM
Thanks, it should be great fun for everyone...

The good thing about it is that you know exactly how long the project will take - one weekend. Not much prep to do beforehand and not much of anything to do after the weekend is over. So, unlike a lot of creative projects, there's no ability for it to drag on and be an endless time suck.

omeone
11-03-2003, 02:20 AM
Looks like fun...
Looks like 3dfightclub evolved.... ;)
I'm not really an animator, but it looks like the best platform to learn on. :D

riki
11-03-2003, 04:10 AM
Hee Lee great idea, looks like you've been keeping busy.

nostromo_va
11-03-2003, 09:00 AM
Damn, Lee I thought I read somewhere that you were going to be taking a little break! You are going ahead at 90 miles an hour.

This is a great opportunity and I really appreciate you giving us a venue to show our stuff.

Thanks!

Stranahan
11-03-2003, 09:20 AM
I also just added Raliegh (a 2 day event) and Savannah (a special night time, one night only event) to the tour schedule - check LearnLightWave.com for more...

Matt
11-03-2003, 11:19 AM
Lee just noticed your sig' is it a reference to LW8s new hard body dynamics tools?

;)