PDA

View Full Version : CG Software: What, How much and Why!

Gordon
03-03-2003, 09:02 PM
Although the existing T[2] CG, AuraVT and Lightwave meet my needs for CG, I'm curious as to what others have tried for professional CG page generation, what it cost to purchase and why they like the packages?

I'll start:

I have a packaged called Monument Titler Deluxe for the Macrosystems line of editors. It cost $450 USD as a stand alone package. Most of what I like about MT is that you can create some nice effects with the words on Title pages using wipes, fly-on, lights, and similar. Something like what you would get if you could apply a Toaster transition to a CG page and still have it be able to overlay. Although we can do some nice effects using Aura and Lightwave, it is much more time consuming.

Faraz
03-04-2003, 02:00 PM
I use Alpha CG and I love it. I think you can get at www.amitrace.com

ScorpioProd
03-04-2003, 03:14 PM
I use India Pro CG for all my fancy stuff.

Of course, if you don't already have it, you can't get it.

But if you have it, it's great combined with moves and fades in TEd, I can do all kinds of cool stuff! :)

Faraz
03-04-2003, 03:18 PM
Amitrace also has some copies of India left. India is great for fancy stuff, unbeatable for the ease of use for the complicated effects. Alpha CG is more of a basic CG, everythign that Toaster CG does but faster and easier.

Jim Capillo
03-04-2003, 04:35 PM
Gordon,

I'm using a [gasp!] Trinity for CG generation and have been since I acquired T2. Not quite a standalone, it meets my needs quite nicely as I also use Photoshop, Aura and Lightwave to get things done.

I'm hoping for a redesigned T3 CG that is a lot less clunky so I can stop using this otherwise overrated box........ :p

ted
03-04-2003, 05:11 PM
Gee Wizz Jim, are you admitting to actually using that thing!;)
Ya knew I'd chime in on that one.:p

Jim Capillo
03-04-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ted
Gee Wizz Jim, are you admitting to actually using that thing!;)
Ya knew I'd chime in on that one.:p

:p LOL :D C'mon Ted, you know - the box had great promise..... I just don't like the people selling it !

ted
03-04-2003, 08:56 PM
:) :D ;) :p :cool: :rolleyes:
Do you ever wonder what things would be like if everyone stayed together at NewTek?

jim b
03-04-2003, 09:32 PM
Im still using my Trinity for the same thing. The CG looks a lot better than T2 CG.

Gordon
03-05-2003, 03:29 PM
From what I heard about T[3] CG it should be streamlined to be less clunky with a number of nicer looking presets.

I've been tossing around the idea of a couple Toaster CG tutorials showing how to achieve the same look as, say CNN Headline news. I'm guessing that most people find all the options available a bit too cumbersome to work with but once they understood how to use them to produce broadcast graphics then T-CG would gain a bit more favor.

Perhaps a few templates would also help. Like sharing Toaster effects, this could be a group project.

Faraz
03-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Seems like you just need a templete that you'll update. I think Toaster CG will be fine. Once you make your templetes. :)