PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Alert (reflectance maps hiding?)

KellyGriffin
12-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Hey there--

I'm trying to use some surface presets (such as "Brass_RayT" in the "Metal" list) and I get a "Can't find "Images/Reflections/GoldReflection.tga".

Where will I find those?

Thank you!

--Kelly

nickdigital
12-03-2012, 08:48 PM
If you're using a preset that comes with LW it's probably bundled with the content that comes with LW.

KellyGriffin
12-03-2012, 09:57 PM
It's indeed a preset that comes with Lightwave. Is there a folder that goes somewhere after install to which I could navigate to find them? And, since they are LW presets, why would it not be able to find them anyway?

--Kelly

nickdigital
12-04-2012, 09:44 AM
LW likes to keep material organized in what is referred to as the Content folder structure. You can think of he Content folder as the starting place for where LW starts to look for material. If your current Content folder is set to a folder other than the one that NewTek's content came in then LW can't find the image your looking for. What you can do is copy the image that you need from the NewTek folder to he one you're working out of and then load the image from there when the preset prompts you for it.

The idea behind working in a Content folder is that when I transport or give that folder to someone else they can load up everything without having to worry about setting up their drives and paths exactly like mine.

KellyGriffin
12-04-2012, 09:59 AM
I follow you... I'm organized by nature but I'll have to watch the 3D Garage tutorial again on that...

Thanks Nick,

--Kelly