PDA

View Full Version : Displacement Not Updating in OpenGL

Amurrell
12-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

1. Make an object, any object as far as I know that is greater than a 2 point poly chain.
2. Add a node (naming not important)
3. Add a displacement map either nodal or texture to your first object (default settings are fine)
4. Make the null the reference object for the displacement
5. Drag the null around.

What has been happening to me is that the displacement is not updating in OpenGL and/or VPR but if you render a frame after each move of the null, you will notice a change. You can update the view by just clicking on displacement order and selecting the same option that was set already to force OpenGL to update.

LightWave 11.0.3 64 bit

xiewan
12-04-2012, 01:05 AM
yes, i have the same thing happened. but there's always an easier way than yours to update: left/right cursor key to move frame slider.

Sensei
12-04-2012, 01:36 AM
This is the same thing as in Spline Deformer thread..

3DGFXStudios
12-04-2012, 08:38 AM
add a bone to the mesh...

Hail
12-04-2012, 10:13 AM
That totally kills interactivity!:devil:

Amurrell
12-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Yeah I found out that I had to scrub through, but it didn't use to behave that way, if I remember correctly. And I agree with you, Hail, it does.

probiner
12-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Add a bone to the null... (just to rime with 3DGFXStudios:D, but it works, although I've heard there is an update way of dealing with this... forum search for "displacement update")

xiewan
12-05-2012, 12:48 AM
here's a "couldn't be more simple"(beside the base structure, there's only one valid command) lscript i wrote may be help your case out.

this is a master lscript.
1. Ctrl+Q open master plugins panel.
2. add a lscript from dropdown menu.
3. double click to open the file requester.
4. navigate to the unzipped script, done.

note: since it is a quick and dirty script, make sure to disable it ASAP if you don't need the interactivity.

ivanze
12-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Turn on Virtual Studio. Virtual Studio > Studio and click LIVE!. You get real time update with OpenGL and VPR but better not to use it with VPR cause it keeps refreshing all the time.