PDA

View Full Version : MEs to more outputs -- More AUX outputs needed

PIZAZZ
12-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Looks like I am going to lose a sale for an 8000 because it can only send out 2 composited outputs max at a time.
My client needs to be able to send 3 dedicated outputs. PGM out SDI1, ME2 out SDI2, ME3 out SDI3.

The 8000 is really close but this limitation is still a major limitation for those setups where the clients want to heavily leverage the multiple MEs just like they are used to with a traditional Ross or Grass switcher. It doesn't matter if you have 8 x MEs if you can't get those MEs outside the box.

One real world situation would be for House of Worship:

Left Screen -- ME1
Center Screen -- ME2
Right Screen -- ME3
Hallway Flatpanel TVs -- ME4

Another real world situation for Live Broadcasts is:

PGM -- Feed to domestic streaming clients via domestic CDN (akamai)
ME1 -- Feed to domestic streaming clients via ESPN3 (no Local commercial content)
ME2 -- Feed to International streaming clients (no local commercial content)
ME3 -- Feed to in house video displays
ME4 -- Feed to venue displays/LED Boards -- Clean feed or with GFX and replays

In this broadcast situation, this client needs the ability of the 8000 to be able to Macro out a transition to commercial break. At first glance the 8000 would be perfect but only if you can get those MEs out the box.

joedemax
12-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Would you like a physical hardware output per mix effect?

PIZAZZ
12-15-2012, 10:45 AM
If i wasnt clear in my original post, a way is needed to get more of the MEs out. Additional outputs via the hardware would be first choice. This is what my clients need in order for them to buy the TriCaster instead of a Ross Carbonite.

cezaryg
12-15-2012, 08:32 PM
What Pizazz is asking that M/E would be outputted externally for the TCXD 8000 as the MEs to more outputs -- More AUX outputs needed – is a great idea and very needed.

I would like to add that for all ISOCorder units, not only TCXD 8000, the ISO option would include V1…V8 recording.

Thanks Pizazz,

Caesar

pgrimpo
12-17-2012, 05:34 PM
I guess I thought that 4 outputs could be independently configured. This is what I was told from Newtek, and from a local dealer. Newtek, is this not the case? We have an event in the Alamo Dome coming up in July where I was wanting to send one ME to the Stream, one ME to the IMAG Screens, one ME to captioning and one ME to Jumbo Tron. Is this not possible? It was actually one of the main reasons I was looking at the 8000, and had another local church looking at it for the same reason.

SBowie
12-17-2012, 06:24 PM
I guess I thought that 4 outputs could be independently configured.They can, inasmuch as they can carry many completely different video sources ... but at most this can include only two different M/Es (including the Switcher). Other outputs can mirror those two, or be served up from any number of other primary sources.

pgrimpo
12-19-2012, 07:25 AM
Thanks Steve. So... to confirm... I have 3 SDI outputs, and one HDMI out. I could send Program out SDI1, ME1 out SDI2, on the HDMI out, I can duplicate whatever is on SDI1 or SDI2 out (not an additional "source"), and same with SDI3... duplicate what's on SDI1 or SDI2, correct?

Questions....

1) I usually use my aux as an SD output for realtime DVD recording. Is there a way to do this, and still have the above scenario with Program and ME1 both going out at the same time?
2) Can my stream be a third source, such as ME8, or does that have to be the same as either one of the 2 outputs (in this case Program and ME1)?

Sorry I'm showing my ignorance. I need to get my time on one of these, it's just that I have some events coming up for which I was going to upgrade to the 8000, and I need to make sure I have the correct expectations.

Thanks!

BTW, love the new look of the forums ;)

SBowie
12-19-2012, 08:25 AM
Thanks Steve. So... to confirm... I have 3 SDI outputs, and one HDMI out.Yes - plus, of course, the 3 sets of analog outputs; Multiview, and two 'Display' ports (these are high quality (i.e., better quality than Multiview) 'computer monitor' style outputs.

I could send Program out SDI1, ME1 out SDI2, on the HDMI out, I can duplicate whatever is on SDI1 or SDI2 out (not an additional "source"), and same with SDI3... duplicate what's on SDI1 or SDI2, correct?Just to be clear, output 3, the HDMI port, display ports, Stream and Network out do not have to mirror output 1 or 2. Output 3 and the HDMI port can also transmit different individual camera inputs, and all of the other outputs can individually show any Switcher source (including frame buffers, Media Players, and Net inputs) with the exception of M/Es.

1) I usually use my aux as an SD output for realtime DVD recording. Is there a way to do this, and still have the above scenario with Program and ME1 both going out at the same time?Hmmm. At present, you'd have to use a downstream external scaler on one of the 3 main outputs.

2) Can my stream be a third source, such as ME8, or does that have to be the same as either one of the 2 outputs (in this case Program and ME1)?See above. It can't be M/E, unless that M/E is on either output 1 or 2 ... but it can be pretty much any other Switcher source I beleive.

kanep
12-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Here is a mock up TC8000 output setting interface that I build in Excel. I knew these kind of questions on how you can configure the output settings of the TC8000 would come up. You need Microsoft Excel 2007 or better to use it.

kanep
12-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Here is a mock up TC8000 output setting interface that I build in Excel. I knew these kind of questions on how you can configure the output settings of the TC8000 would come up. You need Microsoft Excel 2007 or better to use it.

Few notes that I should mention on this tool. So when you pick "Cameras>" from the list, on a real TC8000 you would get a second sub-list showing camera 1 thru 8 that you can select. The same would be for MediaPlayers (DDR1,2 and GFX1,2), Network (NET1,2), Mix Effect (M/Es 1-8) and Frame Buffers (FrameBuffers 1-8). Also, the audio and resolutions are only partially implemented, so don't take that the audio options or resolutions you see are the only ones available. Use the column under "Video" when looking at what can be configured.

This mock up was built by me, not NewTek, so don't blame anyone there if you find an error in this tool. Hopefully you can find it useful.