PDA

View Full Version : Background image brightness

Philbert
11-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Some time ago something changed in Modeler. I used to load black and white blueprint drawings as reference, then in the Image Editor I'd reduce the brightness until the white was the same color as the viewport background. I can't do this anymore when I reduce the brightness it actually more like it's reducing contrast. Instead of going down to black it goes to middle grey. Is there something I can do to get these drawings the way I like, other than editing them in Photoshop before hand?

djwaterman
11-30-2012, 09:33 PM
This is probably because of the color space you have selected in the general options. Try changing it to disabled instead of RGB, or the other way around if that doesn't work. RGB will wash it out and disabling it will be like old times.

It's under the tab Color Space and first input Quick Presets, change that to Disabled.

Philbert
11-30-2012, 09:41 PM
That solves it, thanks! It also fixed some other weird stuff like the navy blue lines being a glowey sky blue. What I actually had to change was the Display Color Space. Changed it from sRGB to Linear.

djwaterman
11-30-2012, 09:56 PM
That's even better.