PDA

View Full Version : Flash/webpage to RTV?

tmon
03-03-2003, 09:45 PM
Ideas here regarding the best way to do this? I have to convert a web page created in Flash to video as part of a new website launch promo video...

Export .fla file as AVI? Resize in TEd?

Export as image sequence, create script and resize all images in Photoshop? Or is there a way to do it in Aura?

Paul Lara
03-03-2003, 10:29 PM
Why not import the .swf file into Aura, and save as RTV?
;)

tmon
03-03-2003, 11:15 PM
For one, right now, i don't know how to resize things in aura because I am the resident Aura imbecile.

The web page is not at 720 x 486, it's something like 880 x ???

Now, if I bring the .swf into Aura, can I tweak it there? Resize it, reposition it?

Gordon
03-04-2003, 01:08 PM
You can modify it in Aura easily. Just select 'Modify Project' in Aura and then tell it what new size you want your project to be. From there you have the choice to just make the canvas bigger or smaller and leave the swf unchanged or you can 'stretch' the swf to fit the new project size specifications.

tmon
03-04-2003, 01:14 PM
Thanks Gordon. I'll try that. Oops, I guess I'll finally have to install the latest build after all....

SBowie
03-04-2003, 01:30 PM
You need Quicktime installed to make this work, as well. (Aura's .swf support is a side benefit of Quicktime.)

tmon
03-04-2003, 09:25 PM
OK, so I finally installed the 3890 patch.
Do I have to BUY the Aura 2.5/2.5b program separately to get this .swf import feature?
I so have Quicktime installed.

Load/Import don't work?

???

ted
03-04-2003, 09:29 PM
No. The latest build has 2.5b.

SBowie
03-04-2003, 09:30 PM
Not sure why it's not working . . I just "Import Sequence" and there it is.

tmon
03-04-2003, 11:34 PM
Something isn't right. If I look at "About Aura" from within T[2], it says it's 2.0 (even though I'm running on build 3890 now). Am I supposed to be running an Aura 2.5b separate from T[2] for this to work?

Is there some trick to installing it separate from running the 3890 patch?

I'm confused, and can't seem to find any detailed documentation on this...

tmon
03-05-2003, 02:01 PM
OK, I'm a bozo. I didn't install the 2.5 and 2.5b upgrades to the T[2] Aura directory. So now, this has been corrected and I can indeed launch Aura from within T[2], and it shows that it is 2.5b.

However, I still cannot import the .swf file!

Paul? Anyone?

Do I need some kind of secret plugin?

tmon
03-05-2003, 02:18 PM
I have Flash Player v6 installed on my T[2] system. Is this a problem?

...flailing along...

Hey Paul, where are you now ?!

tmon
03-05-2003, 04:00 PM
Hmmm...I guess I'll go back to the .fla output to image sequence strategy...thanks anyways, folks!

Gordon
03-05-2003, 04:11 PM
Sorry I wasn't able to help out more.

With everyone's machine customized, it's hard to know why it works on one machine and not on another.

RomainR
03-05-2003, 04:11 PM
Try to publish your flash file as a Flash Player 5 file and then it should have no problems loading in Aura.

SBowie
03-05-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by taiji
OK, I'm a bozo. I didn't install the 2.5 and 2.5b upgrades to the T[2] Aura directory. So now, this has been corrected and I can indeed launch Aura from within T[2], and it shows that it is 2.5b.

Paul? Anyone?

Do I need some kind of secret plugin? OK, I'm a little confused here. You mentioned earlier you were running 3890, which includes 2.5b as part of the installation. Then (above) you said you were installing 2.5 and 2.5b upgrades... you haven't installed the standalone 2.x patches over top of the Toaster installation have you?

These are different, and not intended to be used together (though if you ALSO have the standalone version installed as well as T[2]'s AuraVT, you can do it (carefully) - but unless you're beta testing the standalone I can't think of any reason to do so...

tmon
03-05-2003, 11:14 PM
Steve,

I actually did run the 2.5 and 2.5b into the VideoToaster2\Aura directories (after deleting the C:\Newtek\Aura install).

Oh well.

Everything is working except importation of .swf files...(actually, i did open one, but it was blank).

What I've ended up doing is capturing the dang thing with Camtasia and then resizing everything in After Effects.

I would still like to find out why .swf's don't seem to be importing properly...I guess I could try an uninstall of 3890 and reinstall...

UnCommonGrafx
03-10-2003, 12:42 AM
Taji,
What version of *.swf's are you outputting.
It works.
And I believe you could even load it as a brush to make resizing easier.

SBowie
03-10-2003, 06:20 AM
OK, I'm a bozo. I didn't install the 2.5 and 2.5b upgrades to the T[2] Aura directory. So now, this has been corrected and I can indeed launch Aura from within T[2], and it shows that it is 2.5b. See, this is where you lose me. You should NOT install the separate 2.5b patch to a T[2], unless you have the standalone installed as well, which you do not (there would be little or nor reason to have duplicate Aura versions running, SA and VT anyway, unless you are doing beta testing).

The VT3890 patch, like all it's predeccessors, already has the updated Aura version built in. Installing the standalone version might just screw something up ... might not, too - but it might, and there's no reason to do so :-p

Still not sure about this one. Want to e-mail me a small sample .swf I can test in my copy?

tmon
03-12-2003, 02:35 AM
Sorry to have "lost you," Steve. I DID install the separate 2.5b patch into the T[2] Aura directory after my first unsuccessful attempt to import a Flash v.6 .swf file. If, as you say, I wasn't supposed to do this, all I can say is "oops!"

Even though I committed the "boo-boo," everything seems to be working properly, but then again, I only use Aura as an intermediary import/export application for targa sequences and Quicktime movies to .rtv (unfortunately, that's the extent of my paltry working knowledge of Aura).

Tonight, I tried importing some .swf files that I believe to have been created in and output from Flash v.6, and I was able to import them into aura 2.5b successfully!

Thanks for the help here. Even though I had to use the "Camtasia/After Effects" method to get the job done to meet my deadline, I now know that Aura can import at least Flash v.5 files and this may prove useful for me in future projects...

Maybe something was "wrong" with the original .swf I was trying to import, or maybe Aura can only import .swf files of Flash v.5 or earlier...

SBowie
03-12-2003, 07:06 AM
Sorry to have "lost you," Steve. Oh, heck, no apology necessary. I can get lost all on my own, without any outside assistance ;)

Glad it's coming together. I don't know if adding the patch over the Aura version would do any harm or not. The main executables are supposedly identical, but one presumes there must be SOME differences in the 'bundle, or they would appear at the same.

Duck11
08-29-2005, 03:44 AM
Ideas here regarding the best way to do this? I have to convert a web page created in Flash to video as part of a new website launch promo video...

Export .fla file as AVI? Resize in TEd?

Export as image sequence, create script and resize all images in Photoshop? Or is there a way to do it in Aura?
Hi! i can advise you the program, which i use myself. it's called Flash To Video Encoder, & the last version is 3.1.It converts flash to video without any quality losses.
here's the link to it:
http://www.geovid.com/download/flash_to_video_encoder.exe
& you can read full info about this software here:
http://www.geovid.com/Flash_To_Video_Encoder

billmi
08-29-2005, 08:28 AM
Another alternative would be using ivga, and playing it on another machine while recording as an rtv in 4.5.