PDA

View Full Version : Live Text Character Limit

cptcorn
11-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Currently on our broadcast we have a ticker at the bottom that shows racer positions... in a long line of data it either gets cut off or overlapped upon itself... Not sure what to do.

cptcorn
12-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Currently on our broadcast we have a ticker at the bottom that shows racer positions... in a long line of data it either gets cut off or overlapped upon itself... Not sure what to do.

Anyone? ...

SBowie
12-20-2012, 06:53 AM
could you possibly post a little clip showing the problem, and maybe also a screengrab showing your LiveSet setup?

cptcorn
02-26-2013, 07:12 AM
Here you go. If you notice, the 5th place rider's name is getting cut off. It is pulling this data from a text file that gets copied over to our system from timing/scoring ... I've tried an xml file also, and it does the same thing.

SBowie
02-26-2013, 07:54 AM
Thanks. Just how long is the source line?

cptcorn
03-11-2013, 10:32 AM
I've attached a typical file we get.

SBowie
03-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Thanks. I'll look into this. I can't promise it'll be immediate, as we're in the run-up period to NAB and it's a bit nuts (as usual).

cptcorn
03-12-2013, 07:31 AM
No worries... takes me long enough to respond. Our last race this season is this weekend. Then I go into R/D mode.

In all honesty I was always kind of anti-LiveText, but I have a decent workflow/setup that has been working pretty well. So that makes me happy. My only issues now are the text getting cutoff and the wish for more 'photoshop' like characteristics like inner shadow, etc.

Another issue I just noticed is that I used to be able to use some fonts, and then they randomly stopped working, which happen to be the fonts I need. I've unistalled/reinstalled a time or two also.

SBowie
03-12-2013, 08:06 AM
Maybe bug-report the font issue, with specifics.

VideoEng QA
03-13-2013, 11:42 AM
cptcorn,

Thank you for reporting the issue and attaching the files. We've made some adjustments and the character limit has been greatly increased for values coming in from a text file. This should allow you to have very long crawls with no issues. We will be publishing an update to LiveText(DataLink) very soon.

Thank you,
Jeremy Brosius

adebats
03-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Will there be a beta release first as I seem to have the ability to make it crash on a regular basis and would like to give it a thorough thrashing please.

cptcorn
03-16-2013, 12:08 PM
I've been testing it all weekend... no problems so far. Awesome. Thanks Jeremy

adebats
03-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Is it out ? How do I get it ? My downloads only show 2.12

adebats
03-21-2013, 09:30 AM
x

adebats
05-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Jeremy or anyone at QA. That earlier bump was a reminder that I knew I had an event coming up later in the year.

I now have an event THIS WEEK :) and the character limit is going to seriously affect me. I am on a build that says 080313.

How can I get hold of this update urgently please ?

VideoEng QA
05-20-2013, 09:02 AM
All,

Thanks for the responses. We have made the patch available on our registration site for download. This patch addresses the field length limitation, and is ready to download as of right now. For anyone who needs this patch, you can get it by downloading from the link "LiveText 2.12 Update" on the registration site (http://registration.newtek.com). We'll be updating the text description and link on the website as soon as we can in order to correctly reflect this change and avoid confusion.

Thank you,
Jeremy