PDA

View Full Version : Midi External Audio Mixer

frank.leggett
11-28-2012, 04:14 AM
Hi,

Does any of the members know of external mixers that can be used with the Tricaster. I have a 450 and like most users whilst the video controls are good and possible to use with one operator the audio controls aren't flexible enough. I am doing productions where levels are constantly needed to be monitored and altered so I have to use and external mixer but that makes it harder to intergrate with the Tricaster when you want to use recordings from and to the DDR and have some mics open and some following video.

Sorry for the complicated posting but essentially is there and external audio mixer option for the tricaster other then the ipad apps?

Frank
Tricaster 450
Firmware 4e

adebats
11-28-2012, 04:07 PM
I was going to post exactly the same question. I see for the 8000, it mentioned the "AvidŽ Artist Mix". I presume this does not work for the 855/455 ?

The ipad application sounds really interesting but I think for the LiveTV shows, I want a good old fashioned piece of metal on the desk for this job.

SBowie
11-28-2012, 06:28 PM
At present, at least, Artist Mix support is found in 8000 only.

PIZAZZ
11-28-2012, 09:55 PM
There is a midi plugin available soon or now. I just emailed the developer this morning asking if he finished it. You will be able to use a Behringer BCF2000 unit with any of the XD units.
Will get back with you on it's status.

I use my Ipad and both the paid app from Nacho and the NewTek app. I personally would always rather have a physical surface but the Ipad app works very well for most applications when using the 855. On the 850 though, I find myself wanting some physical faders to grab faster.

My favorite small audio mixer right now is the Presonus 16.4 StudioLive. Fully digital and plenty of Aux outs. Only wish interfacing it to and from the TriCaster could be digital instead of analog.

adebats
11-29-2012, 09:50 AM
Brilliant - I want to order one now - Pls send me an email [email protected] when this is out.

Thanks

dhomas
11-29-2012, 01:19 PM
We're making an announcement in about 2 seconds... Master Control now supports MIDI, NewTek control surfaces, and lots more.

FYI... third party plugins are strictly forbidden on TriCaster XD. Only external control is allowed as per NewTek.

adebats
12-01-2012, 02:29 PM
I don't want to use a ipad/touchpad - just a good old fashioned mixer connected into the Tric XD - Awaiting the anouncement Jeff. thx

dhomas
12-01-2012, 08:25 PM
As I pointed out, you won't be able to use an good old fashioned mixer connected directly into the TriCaster XD unless NewTek implemented it themselves. Addons to allow such functionality is not allowed from third parties. There will be no MIDI plugin from any third party as per NewTek.

adebats
12-02-2012, 02:33 AM
Is that true Jeff with your developer buddy ?

PIZAZZ
12-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Is that true Jeff with your developer buddy ?

Dhomas. I never said it was a direct plugin into the TriCaster. I said it was a 3rd party plugin. Sorry if you read more into it than was there.

Adebats,
The plugin is called MidiDoll.
http://www.ultimatetv.es/Idioma/html/MidiDoll.html
You run it on a network connected PC. You connect your midi device to that PC. Your midi device then controls the TriCaster. More details can be found at the link.

I can use something like this for my clients especially when all their audio is coming in via SDI embedded directly to the TriCaster. If the majority of the audio inputs are analog then a decent digital mixer like I mentioned before is still the best route.

You can run MidiDoll on your Livetext machine or along with CGTools as you can see on the website link. We are looking into deploying CGTools into several installations to give them more graphics capabilities. MidiDoll also there is a no brainier.

dhomas
12-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Note that their product "TriCaster. Addon MidiDoll" listed on that website will not be released as per NewTek's policies. It's the one they picture with a Behringer board plugged directly into a TriCaster. They just haven't updated their website. The MIDI "plugin" mentioned elsewhere on the page is a plugin for their own application CGTools. Much like we have a MIDI add-on for Master Control. We have no restrictions on what MIDI device you use, nor what you control with it... audio devices, video devices, LiveText, Instant Replays, whatever...