PDA

View Full Version : plugins disappear from configs.

tayotain2
11-27-2012, 06:21 AM
This is really annoying! It is really lovely that all my plugin are lost from configs when customer ask me to do quickly something.
Re-install them all and next week same thing.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGHHH! !!!!!

What is causing this?

BeeVee
11-27-2012, 08:19 AM
It's the dog in your signature. He's messing with you.

B

tayotain2
11-27-2012, 08:24 AM
Hmmmm.... I think i leave webcam recording next night....

tayotain2
11-27-2012, 08:29 AM
Hmm.... Maybe my dog IS evil inside.

Look at her! Can you feel the dark forces?

xchrisx
11-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Maybe disable autoscan plugins in your general options then resetup your plugins. Also, once you get your plugins all setup, make the LWEXT cfg file read only and it will prevent it from being edited or messed up. Also make sure if you are using custom path parameters in your LW shortcuts that they are pointing to the right folder.

tayotain2
11-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Maybe disable autoscan plugins in your general options then resetup your plugins. Also, once you get your plugins all setup, make the LWEXT cfg file read only and it will prevent it from being edited or messed up. Also make sure if you are using custom path parameters in your LW shortcuts that they are pointing to the right folder.

Thanks. I try those :)

dwburman
11-27-2012, 12:30 PM
I might not have things set up correctly, but I have shortcut that point to a custom configs path and when I start LW via the shortcuts all is fine, but if I double click a file and that opens LW, it's using the default file path because it's not using the shortcut I made.

If you're starting LW from the same shortcut every time and you're losing the plugins every time, you might have a file/folder permissions thing going on that's preventing the configs files from being written. If the plugins are there some of the times when you start the program and not others, then I don't know what's going on. Are your plugins on a hard drive, external drive or network share that sometimes becomes unmounted for some reason?

tayotain2
11-27-2012, 04:18 PM
My plugins are at mapped networkdrive.... maybe its sometimes gets unmounted. And maybe i should set config file to read only.

Chrusion
11-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if Windows had global command lines for executables? Like right-click on an installed exe, select properties, and enter a command line that would be used for ANY method of launching the exe. Shortcuts could then be specific overrides if needed. I even tried editing the registry file type association keys created by Newtek via LW 11 installer without luck. LWO and LWS files, whose extensions are clearly defined and properly referenced elsewhere in the registry, still pop up the requester to select a default program to launch after double-clicking. Oh well.

Jim M
11-29-2012, 02:15 AM
I was getting this when I had shortcuts for Modeler and Layout with the hub enabled, and would have one open and start the other with the shortcut rather than from inside the relevant app.
With a -0 on the modeler shortcut I can choose whether or not I want to start the hub. It may be because I sometimes have multiple modelers running, so it was causing some kind of conflict.