PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Creative Cloud 40% off

Philbert
11-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Adobe is doing a special promotion on Creative Cloud. $29.99/mo for the first year instead of the regular $49.99

https://creativecloud-specialoffer.adobe.com/special-offer/promo.html?promo=MQHT79JE&trackingid=KBLSC

I still wish they'd split it up though, I only use Photoshop and After Effects, maybe Premiere.

hrgiger
11-26-2012, 04:15 PM
It looks like its only for those who are upgrading from Creavtive suite, not for new members. Too bad.

Celshader
11-26-2012, 04:37 PM
I still wish they'd split it up though, I only use Photoshop and After Effects, maybe Premiere.

Adobe does offer la carte pricing for those three packages:
http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/cssubscription.html

DrStrik9
11-26-2012, 05:21 PM
But if you need 2 or more, it's cheaper to get the Cloud. I jumped on it.

jasonwestmas
11-26-2012, 05:37 PM
yeah, needed it for some work, jumped on it too. Works great.

Philbert
11-26-2012, 05:45 PM
It looks like its only for those who are upgrading from Creavtive suite, not for new members. Too bad.

Where do you see that? I don't see anything about Creative Suite. Technically Creative Cloud is free, at least I was never charged. It's just access to the bigger programs that you're paying for.

Adobe does offer la carte pricing for those three packages:
http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/cssubscription.html

I see, they sure don't split the price up accordingly though.

Philbert
12-01-2012, 12:47 AM
I went ahead and signed up, then downloaded Photoshop from the page and installed. When I run it it says "30 day trial". Anyone know what's up with that?

jeric_synergy
12-01-2012, 01:14 AM
Not true. I took advantage, and I didn't have the Creative suite. So, yeah, it seems to work for everybody.

Heck of a deal, IMO. Current AE, Prem, PS, Illustrator AND DW, FW, and a bunch of other stuff? Shut up and take my money already. :santa:

Philbert
12-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Oh weird, my problem was solved by rebooting (actually crashing, but same result). And yes, I also did not have CS before but I took advantage of the offer. Of course now the special deal is over but $50/mo is still a good deal.

Celshader
12-01-2012, 09:12 AM
I went ahead and signed up, then downloaded Photoshop from the page and installed. When I run it it says "30 day trial". Anyone know what's up with that?

First, call Adobe, since you paid for a membership and their customer service.

Second, that is not how I remember installing my Adobe software back in August after signing up for the subscription. My subscription asked me to install a utility called "Adobe Application Manager." After entering my name/password, Adobe Application Manager then installed Photoshop and its license.

Oh weird, my problem was solved by rebooting (actually crashing, but same result).

EDIT -Nevermind. :)

hrgiger
12-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Ok, I may have read it wrong. It's an affordable alternative to buying the software outright.

monovich
12-01-2012, 09:27 PM
argh! missed it, but that was a good price.