PDA

View Full Version : Render Looks funny and I am lost on how to fix it!!

Airwaves
11-26-2012, 01:25 PM
:help:

I have a really simple object that is in layout and when do vpr it looks fine but when I do a F9 the image comes out with what looks like holes in the number 8? I can open the model in another scene and it looks fine when I hit F9. Could I have done something wrong in my scene? I cannot figure this out. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

In the one image I have it in my scene and it has a problem but in the other image it is just in a new layout where I loaded the object and it looks just fine. I am lost???

jeric_synergy
11-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Check the front of the "8" for flipped polys. Were these objects imported from another app?

I'd guess it's either flipped polys OR you have two identical objects in the same space - check for that. (Select what SHOULD be one poly and see if it actually is just one.)

If it's flipped polys use UNIFY NORMALS in LWM. (Select patches of polys, it's not magic.)
It it's 2 objects/same space delete one of the objects. This could be in either Layout or LWM.

Airwaves
11-26-2012, 02:22 PM
The numbers were made for me by another animator in lightwave. What I did was File - Load object into layer. I made the simple board in modeler and added the number like I just said. What is hard to understand is the shape of the problems. They are not the same shape as the polys on the mesh? It looked just fine when I load it up in a blank layout scene.

I selected the whole number 8, all polys, and I did unify normals but still have the same problem.

jeric_synergy
11-26-2012, 02:32 PM
In that case, I suspect duplicate polys occupying the same space in Layout.

If you really want to have this debugged, Export/Package Scene, zip the whole folder, and post it here. We'll be happy to take a look-- it's most likely something simple. Prepare to smack your forehead.

(UNIFY is best done on patches of polys, not entire objects. )

Dexter2999
11-26-2012, 02:42 PM
I'd try going to the layer in Modeler and hitting "M" for Merge, first off.

If you don't like the result, CTL-Z for Undo.

Airwaves
11-26-2012, 02:47 PM

I tried that but it said no points eliminated. I am trying to package the scene but am wondering about removing the character in it? We are in the middle of copyrighting this.

Airwaves
11-26-2012, 02:53 PM
In that case, I suspect duplicate polys occupying the same space in Layout.

If you really want to have this debugged, Export/Package Scene, zip the whole folder, and post it here. We'll be happy to take a look-- it's most likely something simple. Prepare to smack your forehead.

(UNIFY is best done on patches of polys, not entire objects. )

THANK YOU! I was doing what you said in modeler but was not thinking to close the scene. I now closed the scene and went back in to package scene and now it looks just fine. I do not think it was updating it and that was my fault for keeping it open. Thank you so much for your help. The unify did the trick.

JonW
11-26-2012, 02:53 PM
In a wire frame view. Select one corner of the triangle at a time & Weld the corner & then the other 2 corners one by one. If any one of the corners is then Welded there is a problem of some sort.

Airwaves
11-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Thank you Everyone!

jeric_synergy
11-26-2012, 03:38 PM
THANK YOU! I was doing what you said in modeler but was not thinking to close the scene.
Any time there is an asterisk ( "*" ) next to the Object name next to the Layer buttons, the object has been altered and NOT saved, which means that the object is different from the one that Layout is currently using.

Almost always, simply SAVING the object in LWM will update the Layout version. However, if you add a layer you must use "Synchronize".

(Do NOT use "Send To Layout" repeatedly-- that will create duplicates in Layout. Use it only once, when you've created a New object.)

jeric_synergy
11-26-2012, 03:41 PM

Merge only removes points: multiple polys can be constructed from the same points. They can even be valid, if they are facing opposite ways.

Airwaves
11-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Ok, so I fixed the last problem I had but I am having the same problem on my next episode and I know I am doing something wrong in the scene itself. I am attaching the package scene in hopes you can tell me what I did wrong.

This problem is the same thing with a white clock I bought on turbosquid and I can open it in any other layout scene and it is fine. I tried the unify normals but it did not work like last time. Let me know what you guys can see.

I am not a professional animator so I am so thankful for your help.

jeric_synergy
11-30-2012, 04:35 PM
I rendered out frame 1923 and the clock looked fine (except it only has one hand). What specifically is the difficulty?

++

Wait, there's (at least) TWO clocks in your scene, one is moving. Probably your render issues are if they overlap at some point.

Frame 1347 shows this clearly.

Dexter2999
11-30-2012, 04:42 PM
I think the problem is with the other clock, the one with "squid" in the name. I saw one poly that looked odd.

Airwaves
11-30-2012, 04:42 PM
it is on frame 3579 with the white clock. Look at that one. That first clock you see I made it. There appear to be two polys with problems. If I move them it fixes it but I do not want to keep doing this to every model I use. Thanks