PDA

View Full Version : Renovating Living Room

Jure
11-02-2003, 06:25 AM
I've been trying to refurnish my living room lately and this is basicly what I'd like it to become.
It's a bit less than 30k polys and it rendered at 1528x260 Enh. AA in 12mins.

Hope you like it :) Coments&Crits are, as always, very welcome!

http://www2.arnes.si/~ssdjjude/temp/camera2.jpg

http://www2.arnes.si/~ssdjjude/temp/camera3_3.jpg

ddho1981
11-02-2003, 01:43 PM
Looks cool.

Put some cool lighting in there -- are you on a budget? if you have some money to blow on lights, check out www.dwr.com. I think designer light fixtures add a lot to a room. (it'll give you an excuse to do a cool night shot, too!) Good luck

DH

Jure
11-03-2003, 08:01 AM
Thanks for your comment. You're right, I should put some cool light fixture in there, though I am on a pretty low budget.
cheers,

adrian
11-03-2003, 01:13 PM
How about some plants? Even if they're plastic ones!

Nice TV.

The sofa kind of looks uncomfortable in that it doesn't look "soft" if you know what I mean....

Adrian.

Jure
11-03-2003, 03:47 PM
Thanks.
Plants, yeah... I wanted to model them at first since there are some plants there right now acctualy, but then in the end I just didn't have enough will to do it anymore, because if i do make them I want them to be prefect. :)
About the sofa... I modeled it by the reference photo, but i think you're right. I should soften it a bit maybe.

Thanks folks.
I'll take all your comments in mind and I may prepare a night shot, like DH suggested.

drkorg
11-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Nice work. Needs some tweaking though...

1. Turn the TV on --> add some picture to the TV screen. Where is the remote?
2. Add some celing lights with glare and maybe volumetrics.
3. Definitely add plants. The colors will nicely offset the off-white walls and furniture.
4. How about area rug, huh?
5. Frame the wall poster, it looks kind'a simple. Get some real world art picture instead.
6. Are you planing on having a coffee table?
7. Where did you get the speakers from? Radio Shack? Come up with some better design.

Good Luck, hope this is helpful...

Sincerely,
[email protected]

ddho1981
11-03-2003, 04:40 PM
I disagree with the plant idea -- but that's a personal taste. Keep in mind guys, that he's refurnishing so some of the stuff in the image may be stuff he already has that he's not trying to replace.

I like the images on the wall (I have my arch stuff on my walls too :) ) But it may want to be framed . . . and be accompanied by more stuff of your work.

Personally, for color, I might consider painting a wall a solid color like this (it's what i'd do to my living room if i could):

riki
11-03-2003, 05:29 PM
Looks great, kind of minimalist/modern etc, maybe a bit cold. I'm not a big fan of indoor plants unless something small like a cactus.

Jure
11-04-2003, 11:02 AM
Thanks for comments drkorg, I'm working on a night version right now. The TV is turned on right now. I can't find the remote yet though ;). I still ned to decide on ceiling light too. And no, I don't plan to put any rug or a coffe table there. The budget is realy tight.
You realy think the speakers are that bad? I modeled them from this reference.
http://www2.arnes.si/~ssdjjude/temp/surround.jpg

dh:
Tried the painted wall idea, but it didn't realy look too good in this room, so i dropped that idea.

Jure
11-07-2003, 12:45 PM
here comes the nightshot...

Zarathustra
11-07-2003, 05:42 PM
Ok, 2 things:

1) Don't entertain much?
2) Don't watch TV during the daytime?

a_chisholm
11-07-2003, 08:37 PM
i think there should be more light coming from the tv (i don't know if this is possible but wouldn't it look more realistic if the tv spread out a light that relates with the image on the tv?)
, but apart from that it's sweet

Kuzey
11-08-2003, 05:30 PM
Cool...nice and clean:p

Kuzey

adrian
11-09-2003, 12:12 AM
Yes, I think the light from the TV should be spread out a little more, but other than that the lighting's great.

Adrian.