PDA

View Full Version : Perspective eps export?

Mr. Wilde
11-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Hi,

is it possible to export the perspective view to an EPS file?
I was asked if I could create a 3D model of a complex shape and export it from different angles to a 2D vector file.

I can just rotate it around and export one of the orthogonal views, but I would love to be able to export it with some perspective distortion as well.

Thanks,
Rob

lertola2
11-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Sorry. No perspective eps export available. You could use the taper tool to fake a perspective look in one of the other view ports.

Mr. Wilde
11-24-2012, 05:10 AM
Hm, too bad. Thanks.

probiner
11-24-2012, 05:37 AM
You can, it's just not in an easy, controllable, rational way... as usual :D

Have a Viewport showing the UV Space. Activate Map tab>Texture>More>Texture Guide and press N to activate it and access numeric options. Select Mapping>Camera. Then go down and tick "Make UVs" and type a name for the UV. So you see you have a perspective camera there. Now, the way you can control it to match something is far from easy, you can change the position and rotation in the numeric pad and the angle of vision by clicking on the camera frame on the viewport. So... my tip would be to make a geometry in Layout that match a square frame camera's position, rotation and angle of vision bring it to modeler and then eyeball match to it in Texture Guide Camera mode. Position and Rotation you can right down in a paper from Layout, I think it's just the angle of vision that it's harder since there is not numeric input.

This is sort of another way to do front projection, ehehe.

Export UV Texture Viewport: done :)

If you want to make it easier to ignore the back-face polygons, select a polygon aligned with the camera geometry, use Matt's Selct by Normal plugin (http://www.pixsim.co.uk/lightwave_lscripts.html) and set something like 95 and delete the inverse selection of that. There's still cleanup to do, but not as much.

Cheers