PDA

View Full Version : Icarus and father

Lalie
11-02-2003, 04:16 AM
Here is my version of Icarus for the contest on 3dvf. Didn't have a lot of time to do this betwin 2 pages of the comic book...

Don't look at the feet please :D

http://lalie.3dvf.net/concours/lalie-concours3dvf_.jpg

Oh! good luck PaQ for your picture, i really like it!!

Zach
11-02-2003, 04:38 AM
I kinda like the feet

Drakaran
11-02-2003, 02:57 PM
I don't really understand the message here. what is the point of the ship? of everything being underwater? or the elongated feet?

Lalie
11-02-2003, 03:18 PM
Sorry, it seem to not be very clear... :rolleyes:

...."The sun began to beat down on the wings of Icarus, and slowly they began to melt. Icarus noticed the wings coming apart, but in his joy kept on beating the wings faster and faster bringing him ever further towards the sun. Soon all the feathers had fallen from the wings of Icarus and the boy plunged down into the Aegean Sea.

Deadalus looked for his son but could see him nowhere. He then looked down at the sea and his heart broke as he saw the feathers of his son's wings floating on the sea. Deadalus dove towards the sea snatching his son's body out of the water but alas it was to late. Deadalus carried the body of his son as both their feet dragged on the sea below, as a result of the great weight now placed on his wings by the two bodies they now supported. Deadalus took the body of his son and buried it on an island called Icaria in his son's memory." ...

That's the legend of Icarus i tryed to illustrate :(

PaQ
11-02-2003, 04:41 PM
Merci Lalie, bonne chance a toi aussi ;)

riki
11-02-2003, 04:49 PM
Awesome work, but I agree that the foot does looks a bit awkward.

badgerboy
11-03-2003, 10:27 AM
I really like it, but I wouldn't have kown it was an Icarus reference, unless you told me. I thought you were making the "king of the world" scene from Titanic with a truly artistic slant. I really do like it though, lovely style.

LeonardWho
11-03-2003, 07:34 PM
forget the feet how did you do the feathers I've been looking for a tutorial on feathers for a while now and haven't found any. Any help would be greatly accepted. BTW great image.

Piolla
11-05-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by riki
Awesome work, but I agree that the foot does looks a bit awkward.

It's funny, couse I really, really like the feet.

The look of the image is fantastic! Even if the title didn't say it, I could see it was Icarus legend. But I like the story very much...

Congrats! Very inpiring!