PDA

View Full Version : Layout Problem

dsebald
11-22-2012, 06:33 AM
Does anyone know why I'm seeing converging lines in Layout Wireframe on my new MacBooK Pro? My old iMac didn't show them. I've put up comparison screenshots at http://www.aim-ed.com/LightWaveProblem/ . Exact same file created both images. Do I have some LW setting wrong in the MacBook version?

Nicolas Jordan
11-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Do you have it set to "Wireframe" instead of "Front Face Wireframe"? That's the only thing I can think of.

toby
11-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Bad geometry might do that, look ok on one system/graphics card and not another. Check for non-planar polygons in Modeler, but first change the "flattness limit" in General Options to 0.01%. The default value is too high ( .25%? ), and that hides bad geo that is non-planar enough to show up later.

egearbox
11-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Looks like a possible video driver problem. I remember seeing artifacts like this in games - driver update solved the problem. I don't THINK it's Lightwave (note the hedging there).

raw-m
11-23-2012, 09:02 AM
I've been getting that and it's been driving me crazy! Let us know if you find a solution. The only fix I've found is to click on something like the light or camera so the object is unselected, then it's OK. Real pain while working on animation, though.

egearbox
11-23-2012, 09:11 AM
There may also be driver settings you can change to fix this problem - check the Apple forums or whoever made the video chip inside your Macbook (Nvidia or AMD)?

Waves of light
11-23-2012, 09:19 AM
This looks just like a graphics driver issue I was having in Windows and Modeler. I would do a cut (bandsaw) and the geometry went crazy. I updated the drivers and went into the Nvidia 3D settings, changing stuff to default.

jeric_synergy
11-23-2012, 09:20 AM
When I've experienced this in the past (Windows) it was always a driver issue.