PDA

View Full Version : Use Global Camera Settings missing in 11

quilmequick
11-22-2012, 04:06 AM
Hi, The global camera settings seem to be missing in 11. They were there in 10/9... And they were really useful for overriding settings in a scene with large amount of cameras.

Is there any way of regaining this functionality? Plugins? or Hidden menu items?

P.s. Is there any way of getting images to write-out with the file name of the camera used to render. We use camera selector with 50+ cameras quite regularly at work, and end up having to rename all the rendered images manually.

Quil

Sensei
11-22-2012, 04:18 AM
Camera and Light Properties were moved entirely to Render Globals window. Previously they were separate.
People constantly complained about this Use Global in Camera Properties, there was no week without thread about it from newbies.
So I think it's gone for real.

P.s. Is there any way of getting images to write-out with the file name of the camera used to render. We use camera selector with 50+ cameras quite regularly at work, and end up having to rename all the rendered images manually.

Doable as 3rd party plugin.

quilmequick
11-22-2012, 04:42 AM
Thanks Sensei for the speedy reply. I Feared it may be permanently gone, I like the new streamlined Render Globals it makes more sense generally. But camera globals were a kick *** feature.

When you say "Doable as 3rd party plugin." Do you mean that there is already a plugin that can do it? Or (as i think you are saying) that it would be a simple to create as a new plugin.

Would it make any difference to make this plugin in Lscript over Python?

Once again thanks for the help.

Sensei
11-22-2012, 05:20 AM
When you say "Doable as 3rd party plugin." Do you mean that there is already a plugin that can do it? Or (as i think you are saying) that it would be a simple to create as a new plugin.

Doable.. means doable..
Because there are tons of people coming by on forum with ideas simply not doable.

Would it make any difference to make this plugin in Lscript over Python?

I don't know/program in Lscript or Python. Scripts are for artists.
I am writing only C/C++ compiled and fast plugins.