PDA

View Full Version : Transform gizmo in Lightwave 11.5

Boris Goreta
11-22-2012, 02:02 AM
Wow, did you see that new transform gizmo in upcoming Modeler ?

Mastoy
11-22-2012, 02:10 AM
Wow, did you see the post that came from nowhere, with no link at all ?

Lewis
11-22-2012, 02:19 AM
Cody showed it in one of his videos :).

Boris Goreta
11-22-2012, 02:31 AM
https://www.lightwave3d.com/learn/article/lightwave-modeler-transitioning-tutorial/?utm_source=november_newsletter_2012&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

Check out the Lightwave newsletter !

jwiede
11-22-2012, 02:31 AM
Cody showed it in one of his videos :).
Dare we ask where? I've checked a few Cody SIGGRAPH streams, but not found it yet, which one has it?

erikals
11-22-2012, 03:12 AM
yes, it's pretty neat :]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAbH234ejkI#t=9m40s

jwiede
11-22-2012, 03:24 AM
yes, it's pretty neat :]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAbH234ejkI#t=9m40s

Thanks for the pointer. It's neat, but I hope by release time they've made that orange "guide/mode" gfx that also appears optional, or somehow "hidden until called up" for when you need to remove clutter while working.

Also... *sigh* ...more new tools. Get them too crowded and text-based UIs begin to break down for quickly finding things, and instead turn into a "sea of text". Witness how in some videos how Cody's "near" tools but flips away from the current tab and then has to come back again looking for them -- seems like quick visual identification is breaking down due to so many text buttons. Certain tabs already do that for me often now, and the tools only seem to increase, never get culled back. If you keep feeling like you're having to focus on and read each button to find the one you want, you've reached a level of crowding where icons are likely going to offer quicker visual "lock-on" than text.

I'd really like to see something allowing the gizmo to be automatically activated upon selection ("default tool" pref perhaps?), where choosing another tool switches away from it, but then dropping the other tool switches back to the gizmo. That'd work a lot more like other packages' gizmo behaviors, easing switching, and if a pref is offered to turn off the behavior, still allows those who prefer the existing behavior to get their chosen workflow as well. Having to manually turn the gizmo on and off isn't a "plus" IMO, it's one more click for something you'll usually want by default (well, depending on precisely what its workflow is in practice).

Don't get me wrong, it's nice as demonstrated, no question. I just think with a few tweaks, the workflow could be significantly better/more efficient than what was shown. As shown, using the gizmo seemed unnecessarily "click-heavy".

wesleycorgi
11-22-2012, 05:41 AM
Good points jwiede. I was playing with the free Shade for Unity a few days ago, and that app has very intuitive transform tools (similar to this LW gizmo with stretch, scale, rotate) that appear contextually when you are working on a part vs. having to click on a tab button to activate.

jwiede
11-22-2012, 12:49 PM
To clarify one point, I'm not suggesting LW stop using text labels, simply pointing out how text-based UIs break down when they get too crowded (and I do feel that's happening, esp. in Modeler). When you have three or four buttons with near-identical wording on them, repeated throughout certain tabs, it starts to defeat any ease-of-recognition advantages text offers -- those tab button menus shown in the gizmo video were pretty awful in that regard, IMO, with too much repetition.

Having so many conceptually-similar tools with similar UI labeling just eliminates any hope of easy visual discrimination. I strongly believe Modeler's menus need editing and removal of some of the older, less-functional tools, in order to bring the text button UI back to a point where visual discrimination works well. Leaving the older default layouts, and simply adding new, greatly cut-down "11.5 Default" and "11.5 Studio Production" options seems like a reasonable way to address the issue.

jeric_synergy
11-22-2012, 01:38 PM
To clarify one point, I'm not suggesting LW stop using text labels, simply pointing out how text-based UIs break down when they get too crowded (and I do feel that's happening, esp. in Modeler). When you have three or four buttons with near-identical wording on them, repeated throughout certain tabs, it starts to defeat any ease-of-recognition advantages text offers -- those tab button menus shown in the gizmo video were pretty awful in that regard, IMO, with too much repetition.
Indeed: "Text UI 101" should include some pointers, for instance how the tabs in Layout's OPTIONS panel have become near-useless due to 'space constraints' (seriously guys, wtf?).

Would I be off-base if I called it "self-imposed space constraints"? How about "ridiculously self-imposed space constraints"?
Really? You can add a virtual studio but it's just impossible to make that panel 100 pixels wider? :screwy:

I have to assume that that is WHY they hired Matt: to address this stuff in a way that won't hamstring the next twelve versions of LW.

On buttons: I have a number of tools, add-ons, that share the same first, oh let's say 8, letters, and eventually the difference in the names falls off the right side of the button. While NewTek can't control what people add to their interface, it'd be NICE if the in-house design process included a checkbox for creating high-difference names for tools, especially those tools that might wind up in close proximity to each other.

If NewTek comes up with a slew of new tools designed to replace the old tools, perhaps a "Legacy Tools" tab would be in order, for us olde geezers to fall back on. :hat:

(on this Thanksgiving, from that screengrab, aren't you Thankful that I'm not in charge of the default UI colors?) :dance:

Darth Mole
11-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Oh dear god that gizmo is horrible. It's like the one from Amapi or Hexagon. And what's all that orange stuff?? Agh, my EYES!!!!

jwiede
11-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Oh dear god that gizmo is horrible. It's like the one from Amapi or Hexagon. And what's all that orange stuff?? Agh, my EYES!!!!
Yeah, the orange stuff off to the side was bright & intrusive, and took up a lot of real-estate, which is why I asked that it only appear when needed (somehow), not all the time the gizmo is present. Not all the orange stuff looks like it must be present when gizmo is present, f.e. those "button legend" parts are a perfect candidate for either momentary-appear or outright removal (replace with tooltip or such). Generally, though, I agree the orange parts obscure WAY too much of the perspective view as shown. Part of the value of gizmos is that they let you see what's around the selection while working with it, obscure that and using them becomes difficult.

All gizmos are pretty ugly, IME, so I don't find this one much better or worse than others ("orange stuff" excepted). I can live just fine with the gizmo and get value from it, as long as something is done about the "orange stuff", and the gizmo's general workflow isn't so clicky as it was in the Cody video. OTOH, if shipped the same as shown in the video (incl. "orange stuff" & workflow), I don't think I'll use it much.

Lewis
11-22-2012, 06:21 PM
I don't see any of that intrusive ('cmon it's modeling nor fancy stuff, I'd better have few gizmos on screen to help me model than have fancy looking and PITA or no tools to do it :)) or occupying too much space, If is semi transparent then even better. Although i do agree it needs to be user controllable on/off for all those HUD (Head up Display) stuff, something similar like in 3DSMax with on/off keys for HUD activation and preferences of What to display in HUD would be great.

jwiede
11-22-2012, 06:37 PM
It depends on whether the orange stuff stays in the same absolute position in full-screen perspective, or uses relative positioning. If, in a larger viewport, it's still there close to the view center where you're trying to work, I think it obscures too much of the view. If it shifts over closer to the side in a larger viewport, it'd be less intrusive (though I'd still MUCH prefer it only be visible when you want to change what it controls, and generally not be displayed). I'm willing to wait and see w.r.t. the orange stuff, but I can already tell the gizmo workflow as shown (requiring explicit activation by tab tool button before use) is going to be a problem for me, gizmos shouldn't require a "tool tab hunt".

Lewis
11-22-2012, 06:48 PM
but I can already tell the gizmo workflow as shown (requiring explicit activation by tab tool button before use) is going to be a problem for me, gizmos shouldn't require a "tool tab hunt".

That's true and I agree, gizmos shouldn't be per tool but then again Falloffs shouldn't be per tool either and yet they ARE, in modeler :(.

probiner
11-22-2012, 06:52 PM
We they do, just check modo, if you want to access more features you need o tick options and such. Concerns me more the actual depth the thing has, not how you access it for now.
Anyway most of my thoughts on this were already expressed on this thread and Siggraph one.

Cheers

Dexter2999
11-22-2012, 07:34 PM
Wow, another thread where LW users gripe about colors. Shocking.

Matt
11-22-2012, 07:53 PM

The gizmo is a LWO file, so you can change to whatever you like.

Matt
11-22-2012, 07:54 PM
I don't think I'll use it much.

When you do, you'll realise how useful and powerful it is.

Ernest
11-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Am I the only one going totally mindblown at the fact that the gizmo is not cyan (or even monochrome)?
Am I the only one going totally mindblown at the fact that there was pre-selection highlighting in modeler?
Am I the only one going wild about what this could mean for the SDK?

Ernest
11-22-2012, 09:47 PM
Duplicate

allabulle
11-22-2012, 09:53 PM
Well Ernest, to be completely frank with you, you are a hamster.

But yes, I was thinking something similar about the possible implications in the SDK of what you said. I had other thoughts too, but I rather wait to see what's there before I start another speculation thread. :)

jwiede
11-23-2012, 12:25 AM
That's true and I agree, gizmos shouldn't be per tool but then again Falloffs shouldn't be per tool either and yet they ARE, in modeler :(.
Fair enough. Solving the gizmo activation issue seems tractable, though, by offering a pref for which tool Modeler reverts to when other tools are dropped and a selection is active (and, ofc, a pref to disable the behavior) -- that'd at least address the issue of hunting for it. I'd love to see generic support for falloffs in all tools, as in modo, but adding would require changes to each existing tool adding support. Improving the gizmo workflow seems doable, without near the same level of changes to Modeler as implementing generic falloff support.

probiner
11-23-2012, 01:48 AM
Very nice! :king:

erikals
11-23-2012, 04:21 AM
yeah, custom Gizmo rocks :]

gerry_g
11-23-2012, 08:34 AM
appearance is a bag of technicolor barf but on the plus side U can change it and better still it's a stand alone tool, meaning they have resisted the urge to cripple every tool with a visual onscreen gismo which personally I think is a smart move

silviotoledo
11-23-2012, 09:32 AM
When you do, you'll realise how useful and powerful it is.

I have been waiting for this gizmo a long time! Great addition! Finally!

silviotoledo
11-23-2012, 09:39 AM
yeah, custom Gizmo rocks :]

This would be also nice if extended to Layout :)!

erikals
11-23-2012, 11:35 AM
yes \ :]

jeric_synergy
11-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Around 3:35 Cody misses a couple golden opportunities in the hotkey editor:

demo'ing the FIND function
demo'ing the "hit a key and the editor jumps to that key" feature

Maybe he comes back to them....

+
GIZMO: what I'da like to have seen is if scaling the selection while the gizmo is active scales along the gizmo's axes rather than the world axes.

MAUROCOR
11-23-2012, 01:45 PM
GIZMO - That is a thing that I donīt care and I never ever missed. It is good that it will be there as an option.

probiner
11-23-2012, 02:15 PM
More than just the world axis and planes themselves it adds some functionalities like origin location an axis orientation, so you'll probably look at it at times.

Cheers

Darth Mole
11-23-2012, 04:23 PM

If I make it in a competing app, would this gadget be a gizmodo?

Lewis
11-23-2012, 04:29 PM
GIZMO - That is a thing that I donīt care and I never ever missed. It is good that it will be there as an option.

Well you'd be surprised how gizmos can be useful in certain situations for modeling For most of time i also find them just getting in a way but some things (when model is angled at weird direction) gizmos are very much needed esp for modeling in perspective window.

erikals
11-23-2012, 04:59 PM
yes, for technical stuff it can be of great help, though not for organic modeling (imo...)

a nice option, though it can be "dangerous" to rely on them too much.

Snosrap
11-23-2012, 05:08 PM
My question is - why do the wireframes go black when the tool is activated? Noticed the same thing with the new loop slide tool too.

jeric_synergy
11-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Maybe the tool is taking over the drawing of the wireframes. It might be (programatically) simpler that way.

Anyway, that tool is still in beta as of the video: we'll see how it gets on at 12/31/2012, 2359 PST. ;)

MAUROCOR
11-23-2012, 07:17 PM
I believe you but I tell you, I never had problems having no gizmos! Maybe is the way that I model, I am not sure, but I do a lot in perspective windows. Actually there is where I work the marjority of time. I even can force the direction using shift key in any angle in perspective window. It really works for me. But I have heard a lot of people complainig about having no gizmos in LW, so I think it is a good thing.
So, what can i tell? Bring the gizmos, NT guys!

allabulle
11-24-2012, 02:28 AM
Exactly. We'll deal with it as we please.

geo_n
11-24-2012, 12:04 PM

It is a welcome addition. When I started lightwave it shocked me there was no gizmo in modeller. I learned to deal with it and found lw to be good for organic modelling but not for accurate hardsurface modelling without the help of plugins.

Example, try rotating box to 45 degrees heading From that state rotate the box to "pitch" down 45 degress.

Actioncenter plus transform gizmo in lw will be so good if done right.

MAUROCOR
11-24-2012, 02:11 PM
It is a welcome addition. When I started lightwave it shocked me there was no gizmo in modeller. I learned to deal with it and found lw to be good for organic modelling but not for accurate hardsurface modelling without the help of plugins.

Example, try rotating box to 45 degrees heading From that state rotate the box to "pitch" down 45 degress.

Actioncenter plus transform gizmo in lw will be so good if done right.

You can use the numeric panel to help, donīt you?

But hey, I am not telling that shoudnīt have gizmo. As I told before, a lot of people complain about the fact lw doesnīt have it.

jeric_synergy
11-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Here's one thing: I know they aren't the same, but once when talking to a Maya guy/LW hobbiest about soft-selections, and I pointed out the FALL-OFF tool options to him, and he was amazed.

Sometimes people think all software should work the same, and don't look for solutions in their new software.

Philbert
11-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Funny I had another thread just like this one but I don't see it. Anyway I think I will find lot of uses for this. Not all the time but there ore some occasions where I really need to move or rotate something at a specific angle that isn't XYZ / HPB. This could possibly remove the need for C_Plane, depending on how it works.

Lewis
11-24-2012, 07:05 PM
I have dozens of situation where gizmo would be much faster workflow than my current workarounds with several plugins and eyeballing :).

geo_n
11-24-2012, 07:51 PM
You can use the numeric panel to help, donīt you?

But hey, I am not telling that shoudnīt have gizmo. As I told before, a lot of people complain about the fact lw doesnīt have it.

There's no local axis in modeller like layout does. After rotating the heading, there's no local point of reference to do pitch or bank in modeller. Not to mention transform info(move,rot,scale info) is not retained in modeller unlike layout. So if you have an object at x deg at x,y,z location, the info is not there in modeller and we have to measure building manually to find out. Gizmo can be a start of something good.

jwiede
11-25-2012, 04:40 AM
There's no local axis in modeller like layout does. After rotating the heading, there's no local point of reference to do pitch or bank in modeller. Not to mention transform info(move,rot,scale info) is not retained in modeller unlike layout. So if you have an object at x deg at x,y,z location, the info is not there in modeller and we have to measure building manually to find out. Gizmo can be a start of something good.
Yep, lacking modifications to all existing tools to support a notion of "local relative" (and display as HUD or whatever during transforms), having a universal manip. gizmo that understands and (hopefully) displays such things lets us at least replace the other tools with it when such details are needed. I'm really hoping it offers as deep live dimension display as modo during use, and also supports both local & world snapping/quantizing (incl. angles) -- done properly it could effectively relieve a number of limitations of current tools in those areas.

MAUROCOR
11-25-2012, 01:12 PM

Yeah, certainly for technical modeling it is very welcome. I hope we can have lw 11.5 this year yet.

Kaptive
11-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the pointer. It's neat, but I hope by release time they've made that orange "guide/mode" gfx that also appears optional, or somehow "hidden until called up" for when you need to remove clutter while working.

Also... *sigh* ...more new tools. Get them too crowded and text-based UIs begin to break down for quickly finding things, and instead turn into a "sea of text". Witness how in some videos how Cody's "near" tools but flips away from the current tab and then has to come back again looking for them -- seems like quick visual identification is breaking down due to so many text buttons. [snip]

As pointed out in the video, there are huge benefits to creating your own tab with all of your regular use tools all in one place. If you need something more specific, you can go and find it on that rare occasion. But honestly, if you haven't done it yet, make a custom tab, and bring together everything you use on a regular basis into one place and it solves the problem you highlight.
It might take an hour with a pen and paper to just work out what you want in an ideal setup, and then putting it together... but the amount of time you will save through using only one tab for 90 percent of your work will add up quickly.

If you have done this already, then I'm not sure why you find it such a big deal.

Also, when you make your own tab, you can rename tools to anything you want, so you can avoid tools having similar names. Just a thought.

jeric_synergy
11-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Also, when you make your own tab, you can rename tools to anything you want, so you can avoid tools having similar names. Just a thought.
And you can have duplicate menu items wherever they make sense. Sometimes redundancy is perfectly valid.

FTM, I have duplicate HOTKEYS for some functions.

Philbert
11-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Definitely a good plan. I even saved out the menu branch with my tab to back it up and use it on other LW installs.

OnlineRender
11-25-2012, 06:10 PM
I think the versatility of Lw is being lost , take a look at ZB for example , its hack-it on first open but as soon as you start moving stuff around the speed becomes so much faster as with blender , LW has not focused directly on the power or lack of as some people seem to push .. but tweak here tweak there you can get a pretty solid state and things can moved around where you want them, ok we don't have fancy icons but I like the old skool this is text this is what the freaking tool does ... gizmo FTW

silviotoledo
11-26-2012, 06:35 AM
Yeah and it also turns perspective view a bit more usefull for artistic modeling.

Yeah, certainly for technical modeling it is very welcome. I hope we can have lw 11.5 this year yet.

bazsa73
11-26-2012, 07:31 AM
I think the versatility of Lw is being lost , take a look at ZB for example , its hack-it on first open but as soon as you start moving stuff around the speed becomes so much faster as with blender... FTW
yes, ZBrush is great software apart from that terribleness they call the transpose tool, I just cant get use to it. It is a straight copy of some alien technology found by pixologic, looks great afar and on film but so far I always clicked the wrong handle so when I want to move the thing gets stretched or rotated. It is not an intuitive tool. That's a CG anal probe in a manner speaking.

Oedo 808
11-26-2012, 08:43 AM
It's a nice addition, I would still like to see rotate (perhaps tricky to mix axis constraint and rotational snapping) and stretch (and perhaps others of that ilk) be able to be constrained in the perspective view as this is where the immediacy comes for me. I hope The LightWave chaps are mindful that while for many (including me now) perspective view is king, it needn't depend entirely on the use of a widget.

Often a you'll see people making use of a widget where doing so is slower and more fiddly over constraining motion in the viewport, but as has been mentioned for translations off the axis this will be very handy, and the multi-function looks like it could be great for tweaking, I could have made use of that many times.

If it had a mode for working on non-contiguous meshes for scaling and rotating, that would certainly be nice to see.

Anyone know if the widget has the ability for rotational snapping ā la Ctrl?

yes, ZBrush is great software apart from that terribleness they call the transpose tool, I just cant get use to it. It is a straight copy of some alien technology found by pixologic, looks great afar and on film but so far I always clicked the wrong handle so when I want to move the thing gets stretched or rotated. It is not an intuitive tool. That's a CG anal probe in a manner speaking.

Blasphemy! Well yeah that does take a bit of getting used to for sure, I have generally mastered it and like it, but I still suck at judging the right masking when trying to bend things with it.

jwiede
11-26-2012, 10:27 AM
If you have done this already, then I'm not sure why you find it such a big deal.
Simple, because few potential customers are going to go to such lengths while testing the software. There are other issues that make the custom tab approach less than ideal (incl. the need to constantly reload such tabs, when plugin "connections" get broken, etc.), but the main issue is that the out-of-box/out-of-demo experience (OOBE) is impacted by having such UI problems. Potential customers don't want to hear about workarounds, they want a good OOBE. LW critically needs new customers, so the potential customer OOBE needs to be as enticing as possible, and the "tool flocks" detract from that.

For the record, I have four custom tabs (workflow-optimized as well as plugin-specific, I have a lot of plugins), and also use a modified version of the studio production defaults (which are more efficiently arranged, IMO). Ultimately, though, it isn't about me, or any existing user, really. It's about getting new users in seats of LW, and the default OOBE matters a lot there.

jeric_synergy
11-26-2012, 11:19 AM
For the record, I have four custom tabs (workflow-optimized as well as plugin-specific, I have a lot of plugins), and also use a modified version of the studio production defaults (which are more efficiently arranged, IMO).
Perhaps we should share screen-grabs (and branch exports) in the COMMUNITY PAGE. That could be a long running thread.

I eventually succumbed to the logic of creating my own personal tabs, but as Jweide points out, they are FRAGILE: several times I've look at them and various divisions have become depopulated, and if it didn't have divisions I wouldn't even know things were missing (there's a tip: always use divisions with labels!!!).

On the gizmo, I'd like to see exactly which bits, as Matt says, are LW objects and hence user configurable. Is the orange panel something we can <strike>mess with</strike>, err, customize?

Kaptive
11-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Ultimately, though, it isn't about me, or any existing user, really. It's about getting new users in seats of LW, and the default OOBE matters a lot there.

To be fair, you didn't allude to that in your original post, and you seemed to be purely refering to your own personal experience, not that of new or potentially new users.

What might work better is to offer a menu set up during the install process. Advanced (full), standard, and beginner/new user (This option could hide many of the extra tools in the drop down menu items, effectively hiding them away until the new user starts to find their limits with the basic tool set). I'm sure that isn't the full answer to the problem, however, it is a start. But what do you suggest? One thing I never want to see in Lightwave, are icons... long live the text buttons... though I think you said that also.

Perhaps, Newtek could develop a skinable interface at some point that gives you the option of very different looks... one which is heavy on the icons and low on text. Who knows. Personally, I've never really had the problem you mention, but maybe Lightwave in its' current form just happens to suit me and the way I work... or I've used it too long and lost perspective.

silviotoledo
11-28-2012, 05:21 AM
For me, the GIZMO ( MODO example ) is something that speed up a lot the modeling job.

I agree the orange colors are not so beauty ( gray would be better ) and I also preffer the traditional CIRCLES.

GIZMO must be an option ( hability to turn on and off for all tools ).

I also would like to see the polygon center ( a point in the middle of the polygon ) as a select option too, like in BLENDER and the old WIGNS. This makes modeling a bit more easy, specially for people that never used lightwave before.

And please also copy the easy navigation from ZBRUSH. No Alt necessary to orbit an object, just a click outside as an OPTION too.

jeric_synergy
11-28-2012, 01:00 PM
I agree the orange colors are not so beauty ( gray would be better ) and I also preffer the traditional CIRCLES.
See, I disagree with "gray" -- there's already a sad lack of useful color in the LW UI. (Personally, I'd go w/cyan.)

BUT, the point is that it should be up to the user's preference-- you want gray, I want cyan. There's no right or wrong, there's only preference, and that can change too. Matt's comment about the gizmo being an LWO makes me hope that configurability includes the widgets and their color.

tburbage
12-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Rhino 5 includes a new feature they call a "gumball" gizmo which looks very useful. This video demo's it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvgcOpT30Ds

3:45 start of dicussion on the "gumball". Translate, rotate, scaling all in one
4:45 using to create geometry. It includes extrude in its functionality
11:00-13:00 Support numeric input right at the gizmo, you can change its coordinate system/construction plane on the fly via popup menu options.
28:30... Drag strength feature (looks like a falloff control) I think the equivalent in LWM would be having falloff control like the original Move etc. tools have but probably
37:15 Better usage example in a polygonal geo context, again demonstrating interactive selection control, extruding faces, changing the construction plane...

I really like the inclusion of extrude directly in the function, optional simple numeric input, and and the local control of construction plane, and the fact that it is more like a mode or global tool than a regular tool. You can leave it on and still do other tools and actions without having to "drop" it.

Stik
02-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Ok looking for a little help...I dont see the pick transform gizmo in the menu and dont see it in any of the plug in directories..any help?

Thanks
stik

Philbert
02-08-2013, 04:25 PM
It's Under Modify > Transform or Alt+T

I kind of wish Transform was a mode so that every time I made a selection the gizmo would appear centered on the selection. It seems like too many steps as it is. it does work pretty well though.

Stik
02-08-2013, 04:54 PM
It's Under Modify > Transform or Alt+T

I kind of wish Transform was a mode so that every time I made a selection the gizmo would appear centered on the selection. It seems like too many steps as it is. it does work pretty well though.

Got it thanks

tburbage
02-08-2013, 05:03 PM
(edit) Already answered...

cresshead
02-09-2013, 06:31 AM
ANY YOUTUBE VIDEO'S OF THE GIZMO BEING DEMO'D?

still no lw11.5 demo available for us to try out currently so we're relying on people with 11.5 to show us the new stuff

https://www.lightwave3d.com/try/

Julez4001
02-09-2013, 07:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPIwySOil2s

Kevman does a good job!

realgray
02-09-2013, 03:24 PM

Kevman does a good job!

Thanks for the post! :thumbsup:

tburbage
02-09-2013, 03:54 PM
One interesting thing you can do is to use 'Extender+' to add in extrusion to the tool workflow.
For example, select a face, invoke Transform, hit 'e', drag out/scale, hit 'e' again, etc.

rwhunt99
02-11-2013, 02:41 PM
I think this is a peek into the future of LW, I would like to see tear off tabs you can group into a single tool window allowing you to have what you use and what you might need right into one tool window . It would be a step forward over the buttons and the N key window.

Spinland
02-11-2013, 03:36 PM

Kevman does a good job!

Excellent demo. LW is finally getting some of the modeling tools that I was spoiled having in Rhino. I'm looking forward to putting some of them to the test!

tburbage
02-11-2013, 09:42 PM
I have dozens of situation where gizmo would be much faster workflow than my current workarounds with several plugins and eyeballing :).
Amen.