PDA

View Full Version : Messiah Studio Version 6.0 Is Coming Out

rcallicotte
11-21-2012, 02:13 PM
http://www.projectmessiah.com/x6/shop_upgradeBF6.html

Titus
11-21-2012, 04:10 PM
I haven't installed my Messiah 5 license yet. I need free time to test it.

jeric_synergy
11-21-2012, 04:38 PM
I haven't installed my Messiah 5 license yet. I need free time to test it.
Must be nice, having work. :(

zarti
11-21-2012, 04:54 PM
the only-single-unique good thing is : the Messiah is still being developed .

.. waiting for the Demo of 6

JamesCurtis
11-22-2012, 07:04 AM
I actually have 1 seat of MS5 pro which I never activated, but bI do have one on use. The one that I never activated was originally destined for a 32bit machine which never saw much use.

achilles
11-23-2012, 04:32 AM
I buyed the upgrade at prerelease price mainly to help Messiah house staying alive. The more softwares in the market the best for us! Or not?
Bye
Achille

Ryste3d
11-23-2012, 05:38 AM
I have a copy of Messiah but never used it... dont have time to find out how to install it and how to use the selfmade USB dongel?

Is it the same as Motionbilder?

Titus
11-23-2012, 07:18 AM
Finally installed Messiah 5, the one I bought for $40. I've yet to find the advanced features, but it looks very similar to other programs. I hate to animate in LW, so maybe it can be used as a replacement. Then go back to LW to do the render,

Philbert
11-23-2012, 08:29 AM
I installed The one I bought with the sale, did a little tutorial on sending a character from LightWave to Messiah, rigging, and send it back, then completely forgot about it. I'm just not much of a character animator.

jeric_synergy
11-23-2012, 11:51 AM
I installed The one I bought with the sale, did a little tutorial on sending a character from LightWave to Messiah, rigging, and send it back, then completely forgot about it. I'm just not much of a character animator.
Same here. Maybe PmG should do some tutorials of a more mechanical nature: I remember an old tute on using Bones to manipulate jet flaps using IK (or something)-- I'd never thought of bones on a machine before, but there it was....

Philbert
11-23-2012, 02:54 PM
I should have said I'm not much of an animator, though less so with characters. I have actually used LightWave bones to animate airplane flaps, elevators, etc..

Gus 512
11-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Same here. Maybe PmG should do some tutorials of a more mechanical nature: I remember an old tute on using Bones to manipulate jet flaps using IK (or something)-- I'd never thought of bones on a machine before, but there it was....
http://www.antodezigns.com/MESSIAH/MESSIAH_3D_BIBLE.pdf
page 833
Different approach without Bone

gordonrobb
11-24-2012, 09:03 AM
Seems strange, they're offering an early bird price but not telling us what the new stuff is.

jeric_synergy
11-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Seems strange, they're offering an early bird price but not telling us what the new stuff is.
Boy, that sounds familiar. {/politics}

gordonrobb
11-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Boy, that sounds familiar. {/politics}

If you mean Core, that's not what they did. They told us what we'd get, they just didn't deliver :)

jeric_synergy
11-24-2012, 04:09 PM
If you mean Core, that's not what they did. They told us what we'd get, they just didn't deliver :)
I didn't mean CORE, or any NewTek thing.

jasonwestmas
11-24-2012, 04:27 PM
If anyone is serious about character animation and dont want to spend a fortune then this is the app. to learn. the autorigger is pretty nice too.
I decided to take a close look when it was offered for 40 bucks. not sure why it isnt a more popular, its a great specialyized tool set.

meatycheesyboy
11-24-2012, 05:06 PM

I think his /politics tag was meant to refer to the recent American presidential election. Many people on one side of the issues thought the other candidate was very vague about the specifics when it came to his policies.

*edit* After reading my response, I realize that it was also kind of vague. That was intentional as an attempt to not drag politics into this discussion if possible. *edit*

jasonwestmas
11-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Purchased the upgrade. Kind of a nobrainer after seeing what messiah 5 does. Says 60 new overall improvements so I figure why not take a chance for 65 bucks.

rcallicotte
11-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Wegg on SetupTab.com - "A lot of the features in 6 will be ones that were added during the production of Sea World's Turtle Trek which I was involved in. Some really cool stuff that helped us a lot."

jeric_synergy
11-24-2012, 10:22 PM
Purchased the upgrade. Kind of a nobrainer after seeing what messiah 5 does. Says 60 new overall improvements so I figure why not take a chance for 65 bucks.
Pig in a poke, if you ask me. Unless someone was already using their M5 to the extent of its abilities, I'd just go buy a nice dinner with that 65 bucks.

jasonwestmas
11-25-2012, 07:19 AM
Pig in a poke, if you ask me. Unless someone was already using their M5 to the extent of its abilities, I'd just go buy a nice dinner with that 65 bucks.

To me after serious usage and testing M5, the app. is no pig and I did more than poke at it. But like many of you say, you have no time to do serious CA.

jasonwestmas
11-25-2012, 07:32 AM
Finally installed Messiah 5, the one I bought for $40. I've yet to find the advanced features, but it looks very similar to other programs. I hate to animate in LW, so maybe it can be used as a replacement. Then go back to LW to do the render,

Messiah's keyframing system alone is worth the trip back and forth between messiah and Layout/modeler. Not ideal to use 3 apps. like that but each pipeline has some disadvantages. Remarkably the old Layout messiah deformer plugin still works with LW11, you just have to remember to activate it in the master plugins before saving your layout/messiah scene.

What I like about using the messiah deformer plugin is that it's not much different from using the LWHUB. If you have a scene where the characters are moving from point A to B and you need to animate the camera a lot, using the embedded messiah scene allows you to bounce back and forth a little quicker since there are no mdd files you have to generate by yourself. You can literally animate and then quickly bounce back to layout to make adjustments to your camera, lights or other objects. The animation editing that you did in messiah updates automatically in Layout when you come back to it.

Using MDD files is much slower process because you have to bake out all your files per object and as we all know more complex characters require separate objects for rigging sometimes. Then you have to dig out a mdd displacment node for each object and load in each mdd file for each object. There's probably a way to script that but still, it's hardly interactive doing it that way.

Some tips: You save your messiah animation from Layout, not messiah btw, that's important. Also don't move the messiah plugin from the pmG folder when you install it.

Titus
11-25-2012, 08:29 AM
From their website:

*Not yet a subsidiary of Autodesk."

chikega
11-25-2012, 09:14 AM
messiah was used to rig and animate the mechs in Mechwarrior 4: Vengeance cinematic intro. Lightwave was used for the rendering. It was directed by Aristomenis Tsirbas. The cinematic still holds up after 11 years.

http://menithings.com/mechwarrior

Gus 512
11-25-2012, 10:52 AM
messiah was used to rig and animate the mechs in Mechwarrior 4: Vengeance cinematic intro. Lightwave was used for the rendering. It was directed by Aristomenis Tsirbas. The cinematic still holds up after 11 years.

By the way thank you for the tutorial you made
very appreciate
http://www.zoogono.com/tutorials.cfm

Julez4001
11-26-2012, 09:42 AM

11 years... man I am starting to get old.
I will probably go ahead and purchase the upgrade if nothing but to show support for the PMG group.

I think that LW userbase are less character animator specific.

The "character animation" market at this point is saturated with Maya and 3DSMax students which are churned out every year.

jwiede
11-26-2012, 10:14 AM
From their website:

*Not yet a subsidiary of Autodesk."
The website has a script that pulls from a set of funny taglines like that, the tagline randomly changes each time you visit. That particular one's been around since Messiah3, so if they were hoping, well, hope, she has fled.

hrgiger
11-28-2012, 09:49 PM
So there's no news about what is in Messiah 6 that is new?

Darth Mole
11-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Looks like pMG's treatment of OS X users hasn't been stellar of late, so no buy from me. Check their forums first...

Darth Mole
11-29-2012, 12:49 AM
Looks like pMG's treatment of OS X users hasn't been stellar of late, so no buy from me. Check their forums first...

evenflcw
11-29-2012, 12:50 AM
Yea... some hints as to what new features are in 6.0 would be nice. Even just from a marketing point for non-users. Non-users won't have another look at 6.0 unless they are dragged back in again with a proper announcement at actual release. Most Messiah releases has gone by without me noticing them, or atleast I don't remember any. I only remember perusing their website from time to time at no particular occasion.

gordonrobb
11-29-2012, 01:02 AM
I would get it, even having not used it since getting the 40 version. It impressed me when I messed about with it. But to know know anything about what I'm getting for my 60 notes makes me sceptical that I'm not getting enough.

Afalk
11-29-2012, 05:02 AM
I've been following their forums & just picked up my pre-order yesterday. PmG has never let me down.

Oedo 808
11-29-2012, 05:28 AM
Following the testimony of some people who use Messiah I decided to opt for the upgrade, I plan to make a concerted effort to get to grips with it in the new year, whatever the update comprises of the ~75 all in from the original offer and the upgrade offer seems to me reasonable enough.

While their communication about the product is minimal, I had some issue upgrading my license and their contact in that regard was very good.

TeZzy
12-06-2012, 03:02 AM
Hey guys,

I a few licenses that have not been activated. Long story short, bought extras as gifts for my friends and discovered they also bought a license each themselves.....arrgh...oh well. Anyone interested in buying it off me, just give me a pm.

Cheers

jasonwestmas
12-06-2012, 07:30 AM
http://setuptab.com/index.php/topic,5331.0/topicseen.html

There's a big sale going on for Joe Cosman's messiah training. The coupon only appears to work for the animate 1,2 tome however. Maybe that will get fixed.

rcallicotte
12-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Thanks Jason!

http://setuptab.com/index.php/topic,5331.0/topicseen.html

There's a big sale going on for Joe Cosman's messiah training. The coupon only appears to work for the animate 1,2 tome however. Maybe that will get fixed.

jwiede
12-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Now the coupon code doesn't seem to work at all, alas. I've got a bunch of Cosman's training, and they are all worthwhile, IME. Keep an eye on the thread, and hopefully an updated coupon code will be posted shortly.

As for Messiah v6, well, I'm interested to see what they deliver, esp. w.r.t. Mac.

jasonwestmas
12-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Now the coupon code doesn't seem to work at all, alas. I've got a bunch of Cosman's training, and they are all worthwhile, IME. Keep an eye on the thread, and hopefully an updated coupon code will be posted shortly.

As for Messiah v6, well, I'm interested to see what they deliver, esp. w.r.t. Mac.

Yeah, Fori is a smart dude and very quiet, he's the other Worley imo. . .

hopefully will hear back from Joe on that. I still think his training is the cornerstone of messiah.

jwiede
12-06-2012, 11:24 AM
hopefully will hear back from Joe on that. I still think his training is the cornerstone of messiah.
Yeah, the only Cosman tutorial I don't have (aside from the minituts) is Animation2, and I'd like to snag it while on sale, but that requires a working coupon. I've always found his tutorials very educational, well put-together, etc. and well worth the cost (though sales are nice, too ;) ).

geo_n
12-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Looks cool. Real time reactive deformer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Luf3UrxeESY

The Dommo
12-12-2012, 10:47 AM
That's a good find and could be rather useful for a project we might win... for some VFX. Nice.

Surrealist.
12-12-2012, 01:06 PM
lol... "use clever tricks checkbox". Love that.

Cool looking tool.

jasonwestmas
12-12-2012, 04:00 PM
yeah I want to see more tools like that one. why use full blown dynamics when you don't have to.

Julez4001
12-13-2012, 12:52 AM
Is that v6 features?

The Dommo
12-13-2012, 01:38 AM
As far as I can tell, it's just a Messiah plugin for $40

http://www.usefulslug.com/2012/12/soft-contact-deformer/

jwiede
12-13-2012, 03:28 AM
As far as I can tell, it's just a Messiah plugin for $40

http://www.usefulslug.com/2012/12/soft-contact-deformer/
Mind you, it's a rather useful deformer as plugins go. C4D offers a similar deformer, and it's great for animating "soft interactions" when you don't want to bother with, or can't use full SBD simulation. Think cushions in furniture, bodies reacting to impacts, interacting with snow, and so forth.

jeric_synergy
12-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Did they EVER release the update information? Or is it still a pig in a poke?

jasonwestmas
12-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Did they EVER release the update information? Or is it still a pig in a poke?

For some, probably best to wait till it's released and pretend pmg didn't say anything. ;) Fori is like Worley, he doesn't talk much at all.

jeric_synergy
12-14-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm sure it's swell, and not too expensive, but still a bit of a leap of faith.

For CA probably (?) worth it.

jasonwestmas
12-14-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm sure it's swell, and not too expensive, but still a bit of a leap of faith.

For CA probably (?) worth it.

Well, that's what it is, a Character animation environment. You don't need faith to learn it, just some patience and study like with any other proven application. Project messiah didn't get to version 5 on faith alone.

allabulle
12-24-2012, 03:37 AM
Jason, do you have any news on what's happening with the coupon not working for the Joe Cosman tutorial bundles? I was ready to buy them both, but nobody seems to know what's going on. Do you know him? I was about to send him an e-mail, but since others tried with no luck, I hesitate to do so in fear I only add pressure with no good end. So, any news? I really like to buy, but...

jasonwestmas
12-25-2012, 05:37 PM
I would Chat with Joe occasionally but he's been nowhere to be seen these past 6 months. I was actually quite surprised he popped in the forums at all. As I have come to find out, these disappearances of people we trust and care about are usually family trouble related. So in other words don't take any of these lack of communication issues as an indication of folks not caring deeply about the software. Please note I have no details on what is going on with Joe Cosman but he'll be back I'm sure.

allabulle
12-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the reply, Jason. As I understand it, sometimes even a mild family concern that needs some attention coupled with a demanding job can be quite hard to manage. I was under the impression that you knew him so I deliberately refrained myself from emailing him in case I would only add more pressure to the matter. Hence my question here.
I don't doubt anybody nor would I want to give that idea. I just wanted to know if there is some more information on the coupon thinguie before deciding to wait or e-mail him. I think I'll wait, for now, and see what happens.
Thanks again, Jason. Let's hope everything will be alright and we'll be buying him some tutorials soon. :-)

inquisitive
12-27-2012, 04:28 AM
I opted to wait and see. I hate to pay money not knowing what I will get and when, specially when there are other vendors 3D and non 3D having sales.
Then again, I have not yet used what I purchased so maybe I don't need the upgrade anyways ;)

hazmat777
01-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Went for it today. I'm poor and CA is my favorite thing besides lighting, so between the $40 v.5 (which is great already) and an unknown upgrade to v.6 for $65, I figure I can eat ramen noodles (or more frozen pizza) for awhile.

Julez4001
01-19-2013, 02:39 PM
Yep there is a thread over at setuptab.com
Wegg replied today, "The list of new features is pretty long though. I'm trying to document and demonstrate everything as fast as I can. "

Lot of new tools inspired by 850 METERS short film.

Wegg
03-20-2013, 10:53 AM
I'm seeing my name mentioned a lot. :-) I'm still throwing together the videos that explain all the new features of 6 but if you guys have any questions about what I have put up there thus far I'd be happy to answer them as best I can.

This (http://setuptab.com/index.php/board,47.0.html) is a link to the main page that lists and demonstrates the new features in 6. More are being added all the time so please feel free to check back regularly.

Surrealist.
03-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the link.

As for questions/suggestions and answer as to if this ever got any attention would be nice:

http://setuptab.com/index.php/topic,5024.0.html

http://setuptab.com/index.php/topic,5053.0.html

Wegg
03-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the link.
http://setuptab.com/index.php/topic,5024.0.html

There are a few things you can use to get rid of that strange interaction between shadows and anti-aliasing.

The first is to use the new (ish) "Full Samples" button which skips this all together and uses the more traditional Lightwave way of handling area light shadows.
The Second is to use Yres Chcks instead of the default # Files.

But the shorter answer is no. This hasn't been addressed directly. It should be but it didn't come up as a priority this go around.

http://setuptab.com/index.php/topic,5053.0.html

Anyone is welcome to contact pmG directly and as you have found out the hard way. . . that isn't always the best way of going about it. Usually pmG pay very close attention to their inner group of users who take a lot of time documenting feature requests and bugs and file them away in a place where the general public isn't exposed. Think of these bugs as an ugly rash on your butt that you are ok showing your family but not so excited about going out in public without your pants on. I (guy who runs SetupTab) have tried to make entry into this group as painless as possible and this method has worked out well so far. A lot of feature requests and bugs have been dealt with directly through the members only section. It is not pmG's official policy to work this way by any means. . . it's just what I have set up and it seems to be working.

jeric_synergy
03-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Kudos for the vivid imagery.

Surrealist.
03-20-2013, 05:19 PM
There are no Area Lights in that scene at all. And therefor no "Shadows". In fact the test was inspired by a scene you uploaded a while ago I think on CGtalk. I got to playing with the concept of lighting that room with the sky only and then was trying to work out how to make it work in animation and it failed. From there I decided to purchase and download your tutorial on that subject - an outdoor scene. I think I may have posted samples from my tests on that as well. And again for animation, it was a fail. There was no way to reduce the flicker at all - completely. It was an informative tutorial and I learned a lot. But I sat there and watched you miss the fact that you had not gotten rid of the places that would flicker. When animated it gives flicker. It can be reduced to a subtle movement of pixels but it is still there. I tested this over and over with your scene settings and even tried to apply what I learned from it and it was a fail for animation. So I figured if you missed seeing it and I was not able to do it at all, it must not be possible.

Files of those tutorial test render sequences and explanation can be found here:

http://setuptab.com/index.php/topic,5015.15.html

Of course this is absolutely much more apparent in an indoor scene. So my conclusion was that the GI tools in Messiah are just not there to reduce flicker unless you set it up for Brute Force. And that is where the next testing went back on that indoor scene and I discovered the bug with AA on brute force.

Back then I was still very much open to being corrected. I uploaded the files and asked for someone to try and have a look to see if I was wrong. And it seems that the only conclusion made was that it was a bug.

Pretty glaring bug I must say.

Especially considering that it is an animation program. I am sure you can do great renders with it. But not with GI only solution and only with very limited set ups. Or no GI at all. You could probably cover it up with an outdoor scene very brightly lit - which is most of what I have seen with Messiah that looked GI ish - or use mostly lights. But for GI Brute Force (the only way I found) it seems busted.

Considering it is an animation program and I was there working my tail off to try and get the rendering to work, then finding a bug - a glaring one - and then having absolutely no communication from PMG about it - basically just sent me over the edge.

I closed Messiah and never opened it again. I think it has been over a year. And those threads are still there.

I moved on to other solutions.

If this is how PMG wants to do business that is not my business and basically decided to take mine elsewhere.

Wegg
03-20-2013, 05:46 PM
If this is how PMG wants to do business that is not my business and basically decided to take mine elsewhere.

Well sorry to see you go. I dug up your old threads and tried to make sense of what you were up against. I found one with a monkey head and had a go at rendering it with settings that work well and that went as expected. But without noise reduction I can see some things that need to be greatly improved when using the settings you listed. "Bug" is not really how I would describe it. More like. . . "well that's dumb". I have created some test scenes on your behalf and believe I have narrowed the problem down enough so that it can be fixed.

Most of last year I was not around. Divorce, big contract in Florida etc. Most of the time I'm pretty on top of things and so it is weird that your findings never came to my attention. I can only apologize and if/when there is a fix I'll let you know.

jasonwestmas
03-20-2013, 06:39 PM
I got a little flustered myself, just a little bit, but I'm glad you're back Wegg. Things definitely need your touch over there.

Phil
03-20-2013, 06:40 PM
I'm still not sure how pmg can take the attitude that paying customers can go hang. It strikes me as inexcusable. I mean, I'm busy, but I respond to anyone dependent on me. I'd feel even more obliged if those people were paying me. If they were attempting to actually help me ship a usable product (e.g. the Mac build, which is broken for any recent OS X version), I'd welcome that with open arms.

pmg? Nope. Not a flicker of interest. So there goes my interest. It's a shame, but they have only themselves to blame.

Surrealist.
03-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Well sorry to see you go. I dug up your old threads and tried to make sense of what you were up against. I found one with a monkey head and had a go at rendering it with settings that work well and that went as expected. But without noise reduction I can see some things that need to be greatly improved when using the settings you listed. "Bug" is not really how I would describe it. More like. . . "well that's dumb". I have created some test scenes on your behalf and believe I have narrowed the problem down enough so that it can be fixed.

Most of last year I was not around. Divorce, big contract in Florida etc. Most of the time I'm pretty on top of things and so it is weird that your findings never came to my attention. I can only apologize and if/when there is a fix I'll let you know.

Well I that would be great if you could get that nailed be it "dumb" or a bug.

Just so that you know. Everything even the scene to test is in that thread. I did not leave anything out at all. I don't believe I left a stone unturned on it. Again, I am always humble and ready to be corrected. I was very surprised that that did not happen. My needs are very specific to do with animation and very dark dramatic lighting. Usually in other packages it takes Portal Lights to do what I wanted to do. It all kind of started with my own ideas and very much inspired by that test scene you had uploaded. The monkey was just a way to illustrate it aside from that. But I am more interested in seeing it fixed so that indoor scenes can be lit from the outside with GI.

Here is one inspiration for what I was after:

http://www.cebas.com/index.php?pid=product&prd_id=130&feature=1153

The image shown below was rendered with finalRender R2 for Maya; no direct light source and no area light was used. All illumination comes indirectly from the attached room. Such a scene setup is usually understood as a GI-killer because the GI-engine has to "search" for the lights in a room. A search is done by sending out random rays - the light can not always easily be found. As you can see, finalRender R2 for Maya can do this very efficiently and cleanly

I really fell in love with the way Messiah renderer looked.

To me, this is a great start to building a dramatic scene. I love the fade to completely black with hints of light that could be built on with other sources or bounces.

This was with brute force and no AA - slight blur added in post.

Obviously much can be done with this and a portal light would help. But you could imagine how beautiful this would be with a larger window or more windows.

Another test using Mental Ray:

Another type of inspiration. Not perhaps the same approach but a similar feel (also I believe with Mental Ray):

http://www.roberthewittasla.com/3ds-max/2570.html

Wegg
03-21-2013, 12:36 AM
Mucked around with your scene. I don't have the morphs so the cloak is in it's T-pose but. . . I think I got a pretty decent result in under 15 minutes. Keep in mind my system is a 2 year old AMD X6 clocked at 2.8 ghz. The never i7s would probably render this in half the time. 112811

Surrealist.
03-21-2013, 02:02 AM
lol! Wegg you are not getting off that easy! :D

A quick look at that and I can tell you without even hitting F9 that that will flicker like crazy with even a slight camera animation. In fact a year ago I could have probably told you - thanks to you and a good week or two full time of testing - exactly what settings you used. :)

Also as a result of the "interpolated" method of rendering it looses detail and contrast. Side by side comparison to my samples - like the one above - and you can see the difference. But even if not for that, you won't get that animate without flicker. The example in this thread I gave, is without AA - which works. But not usable as it needs AA. I added a slight Blur in post. Add AA and you get the artifacts.

I think if you really want to try and crack this, the thing to do is go over there and read the parts of the thread where I had finally figured out what was happening. In the earlier stages I was floundering but finally got a handle on it. And from there discovered the "bug". I have all my settings and scene files. As well as some examples from your tutorial to illustrate that the interpolated method does not really work for animation - even camera. Again to reiterate. yeah you can crank up the samples and the light for an outdoor scene and maybe fake it. But that is as far as you will get. Or take an indoor scene - and light it all to hell so there are no shadows and fake it too.

If you crack it. = Animation with non interpolated (Noise Reduction Sampling off I believe it is) with AA then post the your findings there. Also using that scene and that light set up = none, noir look just as I have it.

By the way since people must be wondering by now. This works in Lightwave.

Also Mental Ray, Vray, 3Delight, Modo, Maxwell, ah... oh.. and Cycles... I believe that is all I tested with this scene.

rcallicotte
03-21-2013, 11:21 AM
I agree - Billy makes the difference or I wouldn't even consider Messiah.

I got a little flustered myself, just a little bit, but I'm glad you're back Wegg. Things definitely need your touch over there.

Wegg
03-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Yea you are right. Not using ANY lights and noise reduction. . . makes things very flickery. The glib answer is to say augment it with lights. . . which is what I have always done. . . but I can't imagine that would satisfy you.

Well it will be my personal mission to make sure it works with both non noise reduced GI and tone down those big blob flickers in noise reduction.

Surrealist.
03-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Cool. That would be awesome. That Arnold renderer does look real nice. But in Messiah currently it is broken. Which is a shame. I am not sure how much you have played with other render engines. I am not asking it to do anything that any other render engine can do. Even Mental Ray. If you could make your presence felt on the development side and pull that off, it would be very very helpful to the Messiah community in my opinion. Every render solution flickers with interpolated GI. And they all offer varying degrees of solutions for it. One of them is brute force. Which is killer on render times. I have since found some cool techniques in Mental Ray in Maya which seem to be pretty solid and reduce render times as well has solve flickering. In Vray, 3dlight and LightWave I found brute force to be the best for what I want. Mental Ray in Softimage is a little better implemented and it is a true brute force FG. But all of these solutions do give you a hit on render time. Messiah's renderer is just so nice looking. If you licked this, it would be a real boost for Messiah I think.

jasonwestmas
03-21-2013, 08:20 PM
I agree, lock up those loose ends as much as possible. . . I have a personal fondness of the look of the messiah shaders. It's pretty unique and rich in appearance.

rcallicotte
03-22-2013, 12:53 PM
<paying attention>

:D

Surrealist.
03-23-2013, 03:30 AM
Grab another bag of popcorn and tune in here:

http://setuptab.com/index.php/topic,5024.15.html

Seems to be some movement on this which is very cool. :)

Surrealist.
03-29-2013, 09:29 PM
Fingers crossed, but it does look like they got rid of the artifacts and AA can work with brute force now. So if I understand it, this actually will be released as fixed in 6.0. I mean that is what it looks like now, though I am not 100 percent sure they are promising that. But from tests it looks like they nailed it.

rush
04-01-2013, 06:51 AM
Its released! v6 it out, its on setuptab.com though the site is getting hammered

allabulle
04-01-2013, 08:17 AM
Yup. I just installed it. :)

jasonwestmas
04-01-2013, 09:15 AM
http://www.eggington.net/6Promo/metamation_multi_mesh.htm

Favorite feature so far. I gotta explore it further and it is brand new so. . .fingers crossed.

Titus
04-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Wow! I bought two upgrades last friday. Good timing.

April 1st. Good one :D.

jasonwestmas
04-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Upcomming feature. . .

http://www.eggington.net/6Promo/bonagami_skelevision.htm

A great answer to one of my top feature requests. Interactive weight binding.

Davewriter
04-04-2013, 10:39 PM
I'm sure it is just me... but I only see M5 in the download section

Afalk
04-05-2013, 04:27 AM
You can reach it via the Setuptab download section :)

wesleycorgi
04-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Weird how I have not received any formal notification from PMG about the release.

jwiede
04-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Weird how I have not received any formal notification from PMG about the release.
Agreed. The lack of an official statement that the SetupTab-provided installers are even "legit" is quite odd. I believe they are, and that Wegg's just trying to make things convenient for customers by providing them, but without an official statement from pMG the whole situation is quite unclear from a licensing standpoint.

IMO, an official pMG rep really needs to make or email out an official statement to resolve the matter.

Davewriter
04-05-2013, 10:45 AM

Thanks for the help!
I kept looking in the PMG site download section.

Titus
04-05-2013, 11:18 AM

That's odd, specially because I paid for two licences. An email notification would be nice.

Ulven
04-05-2013, 01:55 PM
pmG are doing a 'soft release' with this one, just because some of the new user requested features may still be a little unstable, so they are being tested with the users at setuptab first and then some official announcement of the release will come once they feel reasonably sure that everything is honkey dory.

Surrealist.
04-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

This is what it says on the PMG front page:

http://www.projectmessiah.com/x6/index.html

New Version 6 Pro Released $1195 $299 Special

Over 65 improvements, advanced technologies, super speed and quality enhancments [Click Here to see a sampling of Version 6 promo videos from setuptab.com (http://www.eggington.net/6Promo/)]

In light of that information perhaps something like this could be added:

"To download version 6 existing members of Setup Tab may go here (http://setuptab.com/index.php?action=downloads)."

"To discuss new features go here (http://setuptab.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=5ea04f5494560cb9cd58a4b687db65 35&board=47.0)"

I think you need to log in to see those download pages and maybe that ought to me mentioned as well.

As it is now it is not even clear if you are a setup tab member where to go other than simply knowing about the download section or if you know about the secret club Xray "hand shake". :hey:

Anyways, just an idea. Would save lots of confusion on the matter. :)

Cheers on a great release so far!

jeric_synergy
04-13-2013, 12:05 PM
They are TERRIBLE business-people. Great product, awful follow-through.

Titus
04-13-2013, 12:47 PM

You need to be registerd as a user. I'm still waiting the e-mail confirmation just to access that section. Unbeleivable!

hrgiger
04-13-2013, 02:33 PM
They are TERRIBLE business-people. Great product, awful follow-through.

Depends on how you look at it. Considering the price I have been given for a full license and an upgrade ($150 combined), I can't critique their business practices too harshly for the value.

jasonwestmas
04-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Pmg and setupTab are working very hard to make this a great release. It's pretty obvious to me.

Surrealist.
04-13-2013, 09:08 PM
You need to be registerd as a user. I'm still waiting the e-mail confirmation just to access that section. Unbeleivable!

You are not registered on set up tab?

The only emails I got were when I bought my upgrade. I followed the instructions to set up the license file. Then when it was "released", I got the tip about the secret "handshake", basically just go to the downloads section, lol, and download the software. You don't have to have a paid membership for that. Just register on set up tab. Is that the issue? Not sure if I am following.

Basically these two links:

http://setuptab.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=df26bbdbb9e709dfb1674cb7047c46 f5&action=downloads

http://setuptab.com/index.php?action=downloads;cat=16

I don't remember doing anything special to access these pages.

Titus
04-13-2013, 10:06 PM
You are not registered on set up tab?

The only emails I got were when I bought my upgrade. I followed the instructions to set up the license file. Then when it was "released", I got the tip about the secret "handshake", basically just go to the downloads section, lol, and download the software. You don't have to have a paid membership for that. Just register on set up tab. Is that the issue? Not sure if I am following.

Basically these two links:

http://setuptab.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=df26bbdbb9e709dfb1674cb7047c46 f5&action=downloads

http://setuptab.com/index.php?action=downloads;cat=16

I don't remember doing anything special to access these pages.

I'm sure it's me, but I'm still waiting to be granted access.

Surrealist.
04-13-2013, 11:09 PM
I see, OK.

You have to be registered with Set Up (free) tab to DL. Make sure and log in. If you are logged in and still seeing it, then you have some other issue with your browser. I got the same exact message by logging out. If you registered but did not get a confirm email then do the usual to find if it has been sent to your junk folder, or maybe there is some issue with your country blocking certain emails? I don't know. But you could also try and PM Wegg here or find some other way to contact them.

hcoat
04-14-2013, 12:12 AM
Just to clarify. You do not need to download Messiah 6 from setup tab. It can be downloaded from projectmessiah.com.
http://projectmessiah.com/x6/download.html

Hail
04-14-2013, 06:33 AM
Wow!! has anyone seen this cool feature?
http://setuptab.com/index.php/topic,5656.0.html

- - - Updated - - -

Wow!! has anyone seen this cool feature?
http://setuptab.com/index.php/topic,5656.0.html

Hail
04-14-2013, 06:35 AM
dp :p

hrgiger
04-14-2013, 08:02 AM
Well you've always been able to adjust your skelton even after animation in Messiah. But now with skelevision you are able to see the adjustment happen live instead of jumping back and forth between setup and animate to see the results.

Surrealist.
04-14-2013, 08:40 AM
Just to clarify. You do not need to download Messiah 6 from setup tab. It can be downloaded from projectmessiah.com.

Cool, that must be new. I wasn't there on first release.

There you go. :)

hrgiger
04-14-2013, 09:12 AM
Cool, that must be new. I wasn't there on first release.

There you go. :)

I'm pretty sure it was like that when I installed the last few versions as well.

Titus
04-14-2013, 09:44 AM

Thanks. I needed the link in setuptab a week ago, because there was no download in the projectmessiah site. Just wanted to use the proper channels, but we all know we can get it anyway.

Next week I'll have a lot of free time to install and test our two licenses.

jasonwestmas
04-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Here is a video showing the interactive power of the collision feature in Local Relax from lazyanimator.com through the use of skelevision in M:S 6.

https://vimeo.com/64027390

Surrealist.
04-14-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm pretty sure it was like that when I installed the last few versions as well.

Yeah, I have not checked since the beginning when a friend could not find it in the PMG downloads and I pointed him to Set Up Tab and then Uvlen came along and mentioned it was a "soft release".

Not sure when they did that. Again it was not announced, no emails went out as far as I know.

Anyways I am glad that at least Titus can download now.:)