PDA

View Full Version : 2 part question...spline and poly modelling

webshot
11-01-2003, 10:05 PM
Okay first I am trying to create a rounded rectangle spline. Is this possible in LW 7.5. when I create box using the numeric box tool (n) I see a control for the corner radius but it curves everything. I just want to have a rounded rectangle spline then extrude (without importing an ai to do it). Now my next question. Anyone have an idea how I can buldge or curve the front poly of a box like a televison screen? I have been playing around but nothing. Any hints, ideas, or tuts greatly appreciated.

toby
11-02-2003, 01:50 AM
make a box with no height (flat polygon) then press 'k' to kill the poly and leave the points. select the points in order then hit cntrl 'p' (or cntrl 'o' for closed spline)

subdivide the polygon 8 - 10 times, select all the points, select the move tool, set it's falloff to 'linear' and choose the hill shape, make sure the 'action center' is set to 'selection' then in the side view click and drag the screen out.

SLAYER
11-02-2003, 09:47 AM
JettoFillet is awesome for rounding or chamfering corners before extrude.

Crated flat box. You can kill poly if you want, but not necessary with single plane. select which corner you want rounded or do not select if you would like them all and apply the command.
The interactive panel will allow you to add the number of segments and desired size!

Also has a cool function for selecting the maximum radius.