PDA

View Full Version : Help: Face bones/expressions

SamuraiSlayer
11-01-2003, 05:31 PM
I am wondering how to make face movements to make certain face expressions. I tried skelegons but they don't work good at all for small areas. Is there a plug-in to make certain face expressions? One way that I do face expressions is to make one object with one face expression and another with another expression and morph between them but that takes too long. Can anyone help?

blinblue
11-01-2003, 06:41 PM
What about Endomorphs? They work well and are very easy.

Axis3d
11-02-2003, 03:46 PM
It's kind of pricey, but if you need to do a lot of facial animation and don't have time to sculpt your own expressions and use Endomorphs, you can try this product http://www.famous3d.com/3d/products/proFACEvideo.html

This automates a great deal of the process through tracking.

drclare
11-02-2003, 04:13 PM
go with endomorphs. It is basically the same principal as create different objects with different expressions, except that it is more like creating different "states" that you object is in. You create a new morph map and then alter your model to the new expression. You can make as many as you want. Then with the morph mixer control in layout you can mix and animate all of you expressions. So rather than making dozens of different expressions you can make a few major expressions and then mix between them to get more subtle expressions. The manual has great info on creating endomorphs and using them.