PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 11.0.3 (Win x64) software license only allows Layout OR Modeler, not both

fyrissian
11-14-2012, 05:10 PM
I just installed 11.0.3 on my x64 Windows laptop with Windows 8. Installation went fine, and I set up custom config folders in the same branch that contains the apps, just as I always have. So I thought I'd give this software licensing a try, since my dongle is over there on that table and I'm too lazy to get up and fetch it.

I started Modeler first (from the shortcut with redirected config files), it asked for the license key, I dragged the .lwk file onto the window, and restarted. Modeler was happy and ran in full mode.
Next I started Layout next (again, from the shortcut with redirected config files). It complained about "no more seats found".
Ouch.
Closed Layout.
Closed Modeler.
Started Layout (from shortcut) -- ran happily.
Started Modeler (from shortcut) -- "no more seats found".
Sooooo.... it appears (for me at least) that the software license only allows one of the apps to run at a time.

Just me? If so, any suggestions?

Thanks,
fyrissian

fyrissian
11-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Addendum: both programs work fine with the dongle in place. Just the software license exhibits the issue.

Amurrell
11-14-2012, 08:07 PM
I've always practiced licensing through layout, don't know why it should make a difference though. I dragged the .lwk into the layout splash and both layout and modeler have worked.

Silkrooster
11-15-2012, 01:08 AM
It may be a windows 8 thing, a firewall thing, or a folder/file permissions issue. And finally just a plain old big bug, that should have been easily caught.

Chuck
11-15-2012, 09:44 AM
We have regularly tested opening both Layout and Modeler for sessions at the same time and have not encountered this issue. Please submit a bug report with full details on your config setup and we'll see if we can duplicate the problem.