PDA

View Full Version : Further customisability of Lens Flares

AbstractTech3D
11-14-2012, 01:55 PM
I'd like to see a greater degree of customisability of lens flares - most particularly the element types. The ability to use custom shapes and textures in these slots would be very nice! As well as using anamorphic streaks in these slots… etc…

SonicN2O
12-11-2012, 11:33 AM
bump
Though I would reccomend checking out OPTICAL FLARES- the coolest plugin I have

AbstractTech3D
12-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Yes, I have Optical Flares - and like it very much also. Having worked with OF is really the inspiration behind this post. However, there would certainly be advantages, workflow and rendering flexibilities if a comparable native integrated LW solution was implemented.

Really - I do very much wish for thisl

(I wonder, with the tools available in LW today, to what extent such might be simulated using nodally controlled textures on single polys…IFW2 etc… Would it be of interest to people to collaborate on building some sort of library in this regard?)

SonicN2O
12-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Maybe a better luma tracking system in OF along with better lens flares.

AbstractTech3D
12-13-2012, 02:28 PM
OF limited to 5 rendering nodes. LW 999.

Yes, luma tracking in OF is limited - especially by the resolution of your image.
Also, LW seems a lot more versatile / capable of handling large numbers of lights in the scene (to which lens flares can be applied) than AE.

OF certainly does have its good uses, mind.

I think there are a lot of tricks in OF that LW could borrow.

papou
12-14-2012, 06:17 AM
Hyperglow was an answer to that. But the Site is Down now. http://www.ficatech.com/
glows and Flares were generated by the luminosity of the pixels concentration with natural track and Shape Edit options.
By default the Shape respected the light/surface source shape.

(Mattc did you get an answer from Filip the author?)