PDA

View Full Version : Particle request

Brötje
11-14-2012, 03:52 AM
I have some requests concerning Particles:

1. Save/Copy/Paste emitter settings
2. For instancing: Being able to create 2 emitters on the same object and being able to select between one of those two in the instance settings ( i.e. one emitter linked to HV for dust and the other one linked to instances for debris. Now Instances just uses all the particles.)
3. Nodal particle setup ( I think I've asked that one already, not sure )
4. Better collision options ( Particles have the tendencies to bounce out of control )
5. Instances are great, but I would like to see the same as a cloning options too. I've seen this workflow in C4D: 1. Create particles 2. add Cloner 3. Dynamics on all the clones! 4. Happy VFX dude!

***EDIT***

6. In scene editor it would be really handy to have a search function that can show only objects that has particles, instancers,... That would be really useful when working with large scenes with lots of instancers :)

That's it for now. I'll bug you for more when I run in to something :)

Thomas Leitner
11-17-2012, 01:14 PM
1. Save/Copy/Paste emitter settings

Hi Brötje,
Save/Copy/Paste emitter settings is already there. It´s under file tab (Copy, Paste, Save, Load).

2. For instancing: Being able to create 2 emitters on the same object and being able to select between one of those two in the instance settings ( i.e. one emitter linked to HV for dust and the other one linked to instances for debris. Now Instances just uses all the particles.)

Here is a little workaround until newtek adds the choice for different emitters for instancing:
You can (and should allways) save the motion of the particles after simulation (file tab). Then you make a new emitter and load the motion that you just saved and you have an proper copy of your emitter, that you can use for instancing only.

AND (also usefull for other situations): you can save the motions of several emitters at once and use it with a single emitter (like grouping emitters).

ciao
Thomas