PDA

View Full Version : Prometheus Script leaked

wrightyp100
11-14-2012, 01:55 AM
Download the PDF for what you could have won. It's the Bullseye speedboat of scripts.

http://www.prometheusnews.net/movie/alleged-jon-spaihts-script-surfaces-online/

safetyman
11-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Is this for the sequel? I hesitate to read that, but are there any non-spoilers you could share?

dsol
11-14-2012, 08:19 AM
It's one of the earlier drafts by Jon Spaight, before Damon Lindelof got his fingers on it. It's a much more coherent story, and feels much more Alien-like. The characterisation is a bit wooden in places though, with some very stiff, expositionary dialog. I can see why it needed another pass, but ultimately it's a shame so much of the good stuff got lost in the rewrite.

dsol
11-14-2012, 08:21 AM
Prometheus remains one of the most fascinating misfires of the last ten years. This script only deepens the intrigue.
Ultimately, we can blame Fox - they asked for Lindelof's rewrite to also bring down the budget, so lots of exotic locations and cool creature attacks got removed. That being said - for $150 million, surely you can make any damn script you like!!

wrightyp100
11-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Yeah sorry I should have said its the 1st draft of the 1st film. I think its loads better. Hands down. Would have loved to see the white alien that was just cartlilage. Sounds horrible. The David infecting Shaw/Watts scene was downright disturbing.

dsol
11-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Yeah, there was tons of good stuff in there jettisoned. Plus it made so much more sense for David to be the character who revealed the purpose of the structures - and the ship. In the final film you have this bizarre hurried scene at the end where Janek suddenly says it's a bioweapon research base - WITH NO EVIDENCE TO BACK IT UP.

Dammit - it could have been so good!