PDA

View Full Version : Purge memory/cache?

raw-m
11-13-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm getting some buggy behaviour using nodal displacements, especially using DP's Nearest Neighbour and Part Move. I have two set of objects pointing to two different sets of points but the objects get confused as to which set of points to follow despite being told exactly what to look at in the Nearest Neighbour node on the objects (hope that makes sense!). If I unhook then re-hook the input to the displacement node a couple of times, make a cup of tea and hop 3 times on my right leg it occasionally does what its supposed to. In AE terminology, is there a way to Purge Memory, cache or similar without having to quit/open LW, basically to get everything refresh their settings? Is there a node that could keep everything sweet?

Sensei
11-13-2012, 04:37 PM
You should ask DP, not NT forum, about things related to his software....

We have no idea..

From point of view of LWSDK there is no "cache" you're referring to..

jeric_synergy
11-13-2012, 05:14 PM
I know what you mean: with DP_SplineDeform I long for something that will just reset it to zero reliably, because it either (does/has the illusion) of retaining information longer than one desires.

But, as I say, that may just be an illusion.

--Also, I think it's perfectly OK to ask on the leading LW forum about a widespread LW plugin.

Sensei
11-13-2012, 05:37 PM
DP_SplineDeform doesn't know when null is moved. So LW is using old stuff for a long(er) time.
User has to manually move frame slider to next frame, then move back to update.

"DP_SplineDeform" issue is much easier to see:
- make sphere
- make null
- plug item info node with null item picked world position to deformation in sphere item node editor.
- move null-no reaction
- move slider up/down, viewport is refreshed

Basically movement of item picked in deformation node editor in one item is not updating Layout.

ivanze
11-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Turn on Live! in Virtual Studio and you don't have to move slider up/down to refresh. Whatever you do is refreshed in real time.

jeric_synergy
11-13-2012, 07:49 PM
Turn on Live! in Virtual Studio and you don't have to move slider up/down to refresh. Whatever you do is refreshed in real time.
Hmmm, Kat advised me to do this same thing, but in slightly different wording, perhaps this one will sink in!

EDIT: ok, found the LIVE button on the 3rd try....

raw-m
11-14-2012, 12:52 AM

Thanks, great tip, not heard of that one!

Yes, I nearly added this to the 3rd party forum but then thought there maybe a technique native to LW that would give extra caching etc relevant to any setup, wasn't sure where the fault lied.

raw-m
11-14-2012, 01:49 AM
Little change of direction but just been using the "LIVE!" button. Looks like the trade off is that VPR never seems to resolve, on the Mac at least. Should be OK for setting stuff up in OpenGL.

john_the_blind
11-14-2012, 03:15 AM
you can add a bones on each null to have real time on spline deform ;)

jeric_synergy
11-14-2012, 07:32 AM
you can add a bones on each null to have real time on spline deform ;)
Is that in the dox? It should be. I'da never guessed it.

ivanze
11-14-2012, 08:20 AM
Little change of direction but just been using the "LIVE!" button. Looks like the trade off is that VPR never seems to resolve, on the Mac at least. Should be OK for setting stuff up in OpenGL.

Yes, that happens in Windows too. You can setup in OpenGL and turn off LIVE! to use VPR later.

jeric_synergy
11-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Good to know the trade-offs: thanks for pointing that out.

raw-m
11-16-2012, 01:09 AM
From another thread:

http://www.lwplugindb.com/Plugin.aspx?id=41957e38