PDA

View Full Version : Corridor update

Gabman6
03-03-2003, 07:37 PM
There i was able to touch this scene after works in school. I just want to know if its ready for the forums.

Gabman6
03-03-2003, 07:44 PM
is this better? I just sharpened the image from before in
photoshop, does it look more realistic?

mmecca
03-03-2003, 09:08 PM
the lights look weird when its sharpened...but the rest looks good....nice work

ozgur
03-03-2003, 11:39 PM
the sharpened one seem nice and more realistic to me, but why are the lights pink in color?

Zombat
03-04-2003, 11:28 AM
Neat...but I think there'd be more atmosphere if there were no hall lights, the only light being the window....it'd give it a prison/mental hospital feel that I think would look great.

Gluge
03-05-2003, 08:22 PM
Yea, I think those pink lights look weird period... they don't look like they're turned off, and they don't look like they're on....

I'd just turn them off, put the lum. to 0% (looks like it's higher than that to me now.. ?) I could be wrong tho 8*)

I really like your walls tho, is that procedual texturing? mind sharring the texture settings you used for the walls??

BTW....... I like the sharpened version better, but maybe not sharpened soo much...

also try using WaveFilter image filter plugin, it comes with LW.. and can sharpen your image, that way you won't have to mess with bringing it into PS, and if you wana do an animation it will come out sharpened 8*)

marble_sheep
03-06-2003, 01:26 PM
I honestly like the blurry one better.... maybe if you added some grain or noise, it would up the realism. But it has a nice dream-like quality to it. Just my opinion though. And yeah... the walls are awesome. I know it's such a small, seemingly insignificant, detail... but the ripples really make it more believeable. Did you actually model them that way, or are they in the bump map?

Good work!

Zarathustra
03-06-2003, 03:19 PM
so....is it "finished"?

Gabman6
03-07-2003, 05:24 PM
Yes i think i'd consider this finish... (should i put it on newtek gallery?) theres a reason why its purple/pink in the upcoming short im making... I'll post another image soon, i just need the lights and color to fix. The walls are just a bump map.... but the roof is modelled but i dont know why i did it like that. So everyone likes the sharpened one better?

......my icon has something to do with it......:confused:

siproductions
03-12-2003, 03:42 PM
I like both images for different reasons. The first one has a nice dreamy feel to it and it does not look as prison/mental hospital like as the sharpened image does. That said, I like the second one as well, because to me it looks more realistic and lifelike.
Great work keep it up.