PDA

View Full Version : Tricaster 40 HDMI Output to Blackmagic Intensity extreme for Archive backup

erikstripparo
11-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Hi I am trying to get a video feed out of the HDMI at the back of the unit into a Blackmagic Intenisty Extreme into my retina to actually make a backup copy of the program. I only see black. I do not seem to locate any settings in tricaster to achieve that.

any help would be much appreciated, cheers

rally1
11-12-2012, 07:59 PM
I don't have a 40, so I'm not sure it can output program on the HDMI, http://www.newtek.com/products/tricaster-40/tricaster-40-systemdiagram.html suggests not.

If not: Simply use the breakout cable that came with the Extreme, and connect the component out and audio to the breakout on the BM. Go into the BlackMagic settings (under system prefs), and select component, analog audio, and the same format as the Tricaster is set to. That should get you started.

erikstripparo
11-12-2012, 11:03 PM
That did it thanks. I got there. The funny thing is that yes you can use the HDMI port with a monitor to display the program but I could not get it working with the Intensity

joedemax
11-27-2012, 09:47 AM
The HDMI output on the back of the TriCaster 40 is from the GPU. You'd have to match up the refresh rates to have that work with the Intensity Pro. The fullscreen output from the GPU can also drop frames when the unit is stressed. As previously suggested, I'd much sooner recommend that you use the component outputs on the front panel.