PDA

View Full Version : Creating Editable Lwr Thirds

rbhaigh
11-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Hi folks

Can someone point me to a manual or paper which describes steps for creating layered graphics (in photoshop) and bringing them into a session? I have tried png, tga, psd, eps, and tiff in 32bit alpha channels but none seem to allow me to edit (right click) once in the GFX window. The "edit title" does not show up. Looked thru forum and on-line training and no luck finding procedures. Thanks

Robert

Lee-AVP
11-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Doesn't work that way. You need to go in to LiveText (bundled with certain systems) and add the text there. Then, export as a .cg, which will give you editable titles inside Live.

rbhaigh
11-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Doesn't work that way. You need to go in to LiveText (bundled with certain systems) and add the text there. Then, export as a .cg, which will give you editable titles inside Live.\

Thanks for responding- Tried that already... Imported "generic" scoreboard into Live Text from Photoshop. Added "score" (00) and 1st Qtr as layers over the photoshop bar and Sent it to Live session. There is no "export" under the file menu. ?? File shows up in session but cannot be edited...

rbhaigh
11-12-2012, 01:39 PM
OK- Got it..... Under "send to..." it defaults to PNG.... open drop down and change to .cgxml. Thanks so much!