PDA

View Full Version : LighWave PS3 Move.me Full Screen Real-Time Compositing?

Jackal99
11-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Is it possible to set up Layout to display the scene at full-screen with no IU elements?

We are exploring using LightWave and a PS3 Move.Me for real-time 3D compositing in our studio. We have a camera with a PS3 MoveMe controller mounted on it and the necessary PS3 and Move.Me software feeding our machine running LightWave.

The video from the camera is sent to a BlackMagic ATEM/2 switcher where we key out the actor in real-time and overlay it over the video coming from our machine running LightWave. The idea is to drive the 3D background using the camera we are using to video the actor and overlay the actor over the 3D scene in real-time.

The tracking and composite looks great on our tests, thus far. It works both with our Panasonic AF100 mounted on a crane and also on our Sony FS700 on a steadycam. After we calibrate the controller and the scene, there is no slippage --- the registration looks great.

What we have not solved, however, is that we can't get Layout to display the scene without the LighWave menus on the side and tabs along the top. We have temporarily solved the problem by running Lightwave at 2560x1600 and cropping the camera viewport window to 1920 x 1080 via a hardware scaler prior to feeding it to the ATEM video switcher.

It would be great if we could somehow get just the viewport from Layout without any UI elements.

Thanks in advance,

Carlos

Hail
11-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Have you tried pressing Alt F2?

Jackal99
11-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply.Yes. I have tried Alt-F2. It does not remove the entire interface. It removes the top tabs and menus on the left. However, the title bar on the window remains as well as the time line at the bottom of the screen.

Hail
11-14-2012, 01:57 AM
Not sure there's a way to get rid of those without becoming a rocket scientist. ;)
Hope the big brains here can help :)

robpowers3d
11-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Hi Carlos,
I would certainly like to discuss this further with you to find out more about your setup and needs.

Is it possible to set up Layout to display the scene at full-screen with no IU elements?

We are exploring using LightWave and a PS3 Move.Me for real-time 3D compositing in our studio. We have a camera with a PS3 MoveMe controller mounted on it and the necessary PS3 and Move.Me software feeding our machine running LightWave.

The video from the camera is sent to a BlackMagic ATEM/2 switcher where we key out the actor in real-time and overlay it over the video coming from our machine running LightWave. The idea is to drive the 3D background using the camera we are using to video the actor and overlay the actor over the 3D scene in real-time.

The tracking and composite looks great on our tests, thus far. It works both with our Panasonic AF100 mounted on a crane and also on our Sony FS700 on a steadycam. After we calibrate the controller and the scene, there is no slippage --- the registration looks great.

What we have not solved, however, is that we can't get Layout to display the scene without the LighWave menus on the side and tabs along the top. We have temporarily solved the problem by running Lightwave at 2560x1600 and cropping the camera viewport window to 1920 x 1080 via a hardware scaler prior to feeding it to the ATEM video switcher.

It would be great if we could somehow get just the viewport from Layout without any UI elements.

Thanks in advance,

Carlos

50one
11-15-2012, 01:54 AM
I would be interested in this subject as well, as I've just got the access to the move.me app here in Europe(wasn't easy) and planning to use this for medical animation pre-vis...

mummyman
01-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Hi there. We are giving this a try. We have the manual / setup from the Newtek docs. However, after we enable the move.me in the device manager settings, we check it, then try to open the settings, which, I believe is step 2 or 3 and Lightwave crashes everytime. Could this be a network/firewall issue? We have no idea. Anyone who is giving this a try...it'd be great to hear from you! Thanks for any help..

Brett