PDA

View Full Version : How can we making liguid in Lightwave without realflow

Akoenders
11-09-2012, 03:35 AM
How we can make real liguid in lightwave whithout to buy realflow?

Thanks for the reply.

-EsHrA-
11-09-2012, 04:10 AM
blender.

Akoenders
11-09-2012, 04:22 AM
I know, but i think it's not realfow.... Have we other plugins?

tuomas
11-09-2012, 04:30 AM
If you want really high quality realism, you really don't have many options. RealFlow is your best bet.

MarcusM
11-09-2012, 04:54 AM
It depend from what you want. Maybe particle emitter and HyperVoxels be good ;]

Philbert
11-09-2012, 06:13 AM
I have a tutorial coming up in the next 3D World (#164) that you may find useful.

UnCommonGrafx
11-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Based on your answers to the above, no.

(Until Philbert's tute. Cheers!)

Akoenders
11-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Hi Philbert, oke nice.
I think i get realflow.

SplineGod
11-09-2012, 01:18 PM
LW doesnt have fluid dynamics yet. Sometimes you can get decent looking water but it can be very scene specific.

OnlineRender
11-09-2012, 01:30 PM
cageman made a good tut importing blender fluids via splootchdog plugin ,

Dexter2999
11-09-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm not trying to be offencive, but are you new to Lightwave or new to 3D?

I see you joined the forums six years ago, but for all I know you could be a TriCaster/Toaster user, and you've only made six posts, half of which are in this thread.

If you are new to Lightwave the answers above are all legitimate. If you are new to 3D, well, you might be over-reaching with moving into liquids.

To clarify, you said liquids without RealFlow and someone mentioned Blender. You replied with "I know, but i think it's not realfow.... "
Did you mean "but I think it's not Lightwave..."? Because you were looking for a Lightwave plug in to do liquids?

In any case, if you are set on getting RealFlow, you may want to start with the demo version. Then move to the EDU version as a way of seeing if RealFlow is a good fit for you before laying out tons of cash.

Good luck.

ianrthompson
11-09-2012, 06:46 PM
You can do it very easily without the plugin. create your fluid sequence in blender then export the fluid from blender as an obj, in the obj export options deselect selection only, textures and animation. In lightwave import the first object in the sequence and in the object properties geometry tab select object sequencer from the object replace options.

Celshader
11-09-2012, 07:50 PM
How we can make real liguid in lightwave whithout to buy realflow?

Thanks for the reply.

I've done it for specific VFX shots. For the four shots where Grandpa slices open his finger in Mockingbird Lane and fills cookies with his blood, I used LightWave 11.5 Surface HyperVoxels with large radii and Blending set to about 15% or 25%.

The initial slice was a mesh blood drop animated with morphs and bones. The blood-fills of the cookies were done with HyperVoxels applied to point grids and HyperVoxel size textures controlled by reference objects.

Here's an ancient test I did using LW11.5's Blending -- much less blobby than previous versions, so you can do more with them:

The key is to use large, overlapping HyperVoxels and small Blending values.

erikals
11-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Hi Philbert, oke nice.
I think i get realflow.

you can rent RealFlow 2012 for $250 per week, a quite good deal in my opinion...
unparalleled quality.

battery555
11-10-2012, 01:23 AM
I used LightWave 11.5

Lightwave 11.5 is out???

vector
11-10-2012, 02:49 AM
I wish

You should use the biggest LW plugin: Blender and use the splotch plugin as said... unless you have a nice budget

Philbert
11-10-2012, 04:16 AM
Lightwave 11.5 is out???

Jen's one of the lucky ones who got to play with it early.

Celshader
11-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Lightwave 11.5 is out???

Ugh. I meant to write 11.0.x. The above renders were either 11.0.1 or 11.0.2.

Sorry about the typo.

battery555
11-11-2012, 03:29 AM
Ugh. I meant to write 11.0.x. The above renders were either 11.0.1 or 11.0.2.

Sorry about the typo.
Ha ha ha... Such error nearly cause an upheaval :hammer::hammer::hammer:

jasonwestmas
11-12-2012, 01:02 PM
yeah, I think for small pools of water, the new blending mode (LW 11) for HVs is kinda nice. Little lumpy/bubbly in some cases but nice.

Areyos Alektor
11-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Once again it depends on what you mean by that. Fluid? The material or the render ? If it's the render I don't see why it's not "realistic" with LightWave (particles, HyperVoxels + blending, HVDeformer, Nodes).

Philbert
11-12-2012, 07:11 PM
The render looks fine you could make a very nice looking still of liquid in LW. It's animating it that's the challenge.

jasonwestmas
11-12-2012, 09:43 PM
edit

jasonwestmas
11-12-2012, 09:49 PM
There are a many, many different behaviors of fluids based upon three basic things: the fluid's material; the fluid's collisions with outside forces (there are a lot of them); the in-between values of different materials and forces that determine how the patterns within the fluid change in relation to its environment and eventually becomes a totally different pattern. LW can tackle a few of these general values and patterns using the particleFX and displacement mapping procedurals. . . but similar to what Philbert said it's more about the forces and controlling the animation therein that makes a fluid look or feel like you intended or expected.

LW's dynamics are child's play in comparison to a dedicated fluid simulator like realflow, so you might save yourself some headaches if you want a complex behavior if you looked at something like realflow or maya. Drips, and sprays are easily done in lightwave. FLOWING liquids and goo are not something you really want to attempt in LW unless it is something very stylized and simple.

Daphne
01-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Philbert, does your tutorial handle fluids the same as Cageman's tutorial using the splotchdog plugin? 3D World 163 is on my desk but I have yet to receive 164. Ugg! i need to have liquid travel through an IV tube into a small clear reservoir and mix with a different color liquid coming from a different IV. There isn't any splashing or anything but I can't get hypervoxels to look right so I downloaded Blender so I could potentially handle the liquids there and then bring it back into Lightwave.

DonJMyers
01-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Grandpa slices open his finger in Mockingbird Lane and fills cookies with his blood.

Jen you STILL get the best gigs! Hilarious! I can't believe a tv writer actually wrote something funny!

khan973
01-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Lightwave 11.5 is out???

tssst tssst!

Philbert
01-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Philbert, does your tutorial handle fluids the same as Cageman's tutorial using the splotchdog plugin? 3D World 163 is on my desk but I have yet to receive 164. Ugg! i need to have liquid travel through an IV tube into a small clear reservoir and mix with a different color liquid coming from a different IV. There isn't any splashing or anything but I can't get hypervoxels to look right so I downloaded Blender so I could potentially handle the liquids there and then bring it back into Lightwave.

Sorry I didn't see your question until now. I'm not sure if I've seen Cageman's tutorial but mine does use the Splotchdog plugin. The plugin is even included on the disk. Also included is a mini tutorial on using sIBL environments in LightWave and 5 environments that I picked out are included on the disc too. The issue is actually 165, the February issue. If you really want to see it early I think you can get the digital edition of the magazine from Zinio... Ah yes here it is. The disc contents are included as a download I think.
http://beta.zinio.com/www/browse/product.jsp?rf=sch&productId=500611462

geo_n
01-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Blender is the way to go. I've used it a couple of times but I bought the cmivfx tut just to understand blender.

Here's some sellable animations. 3dmax, blender fluid mesh export

http://vimeo.com/57079700

geo_n
01-20-2013, 07:50 PM
The new version is all blender plus cycles renderer. Some vertex level animation to fix mesh errors.

http://vimeo.com/57410882#at=0

erikals
01-23-2013, 08:04 AM
Blender is great for thick fluids, for big splashes it struggles more, and jitters a lot.

for thick fluids it's good for production, but for big splashes or detailed water renting RealFlow is fairly cheap and the only way to go. (imo)

50one
01-23-2013, 08:08 AM
Blender is great for thick fluids, for big splashes it struggles more, and jitters a lot.

for thick fluids it's good for production, but for big splashes or detailed water renting RealFlow is fairly cheap and the only way to go. (imo)

...or wait for Naiad to be included in your 2014 Autodesk suite, which should be around the corner I guess.

geo_n
01-23-2013, 08:37 AM

Tv cm, Pm vids don't really need big splashes or detailed watereffects. Blender fluids is very useable for these kinds of projects.

Daphne
01-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Sorry I didn't see your question until now. I'm not sure if I've seen Cageman's tutorial but mine does use the Splotchdog plugin. The plugin is even included on the disk. Also included is a mini tutorial on using sIBL environments in LightWave and 5 environments that I picked out are included on the disc too. The issue is actually 165, the February issue. If you really want to see it early I think you can get the digital edition of the magazine from Zinio... Ah yes here it is. The disc contents are included as a download I think.
http://beta.zinio.com/www/browse/product.jsp?rf=sch&productId=500611462

Thanks so much Philbert. I just now saw this. After posting, I drove all over the area checking to see if I could score the magazine before mine arrived but no such luck. The issue showed up a few days later in my mailbox ha, ha. Thanks for the heads up on the disk as well as the link!

erikals
01-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Tv cm, Pm vids don't really need big splashes or detailed watereffects. Blender fluids is very useable for these kinds of projects.

just saying, for many tasks, it doesn't cut it.

erikals
01-23-2013, 09:28 AM
...or wait for Naiad to be included in your 2014 Autodesk suite, which should be around the corner I guess.

yeah :] pricey though...

geo_n
01-23-2013, 09:48 AM
just saying, for many tasks, it doesn't cut it.

Doubt the op is going for high end though since he is looking for a solution without realflow.
The strawberry animation from blender is quite impressive. Something like that is not possible with lw only. Beautiful gpu renderer, too.

Titus
01-23-2013, 10:43 AM
I use Blender fluids for all my commercial projects, I've no need to use realflow. Blender fluids are more limited in how you can control them, but for the very same reason are fast to set up and finish the task.

geo_n
01-23-2013, 12:32 PM
I use Blender fluids for all my commercial projects, I've no need to use realflow. Blender fluids are more limited in how you can control them, but for the very same reason are fast to set up and finish the task.

Agreed blender fluids is easy to grasp. Just wish blender itself was easier to handle. I have to watch the tutorials again when a project comes along. I hope the new version of blender is easier to get into.
Bosses were happy anyway whenever there's a beer or soda commercial that needs those watery, swirling, swoosh effects. Save them tons of money not getting realflow.

Daphne
01-29-2013, 10:44 AM
FYI, for anyone else on a Mac, the splotchdog plugin isn't available yet according to Chris.

Daphne
01-29-2013, 11:11 AM
duplicate post