PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime Movie renders wont render gradients or sky tracer. Help

tonyhall007
11-09-2012, 02:10 AM
When i render out a QuickTime movie in Lightwave with the basic gradient background, it renders the background black. Anyone know why this is. It renders still images out OK, but whenever i add a gradient backdrop or even use sky tracer 2 the backdrop/sky is black on the Quicktime movie. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

prometheus
11-09-2012, 02:53 AM
Cant check right now, but probably some quicktime codec issue or setting, if you can and have after effects, render out your images as still image sequences and compile them in after effects and
make the quicktime movie from there.

will check it later.

Michael

Netvudu
11-09-2012, 02:59 AM
Render any video file from any 3d app is asking for problems. Hear prometheus and render to image sequences and convert it later to a video file

BeeVee
11-09-2012, 03:56 AM
Agreed with rendering to frames and compiling into a Quicktime afterwards, but in the Quicktime codec you have probably chosen "Millions+" as the number of colours, and that's 8 bits per channel (24-bit for us old timers) plus alpha and it's the alpha that's making your backdrops disappear.

B