PDA

View Full Version : World War Z

Mr Rid
11-08-2012, 09:38 PM
'Crowd Simulation of the Living Dead' Trailer-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwTxRuq-uk

After seven weeks of reshooting (essentially remaking it), has the studio managed to save the movie, rumored to be gawd awful? 'Awful' not being a surprise since the script is from the fiend that typed up Prometheus.

geo_n
11-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Brad Pitt doing a zombie movie? That's a gimmick to draw audience to another zombie show. Lol
The zombies have learned to run faster than human physics in this movie.

biliousfrog
11-09-2012, 03:21 AM
BAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! BAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! BBBBAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! BBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Looks quite good to me although it's difficult to tell from the trailer. I'm a bit bored of the Inception sound effects now though....

BBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alexos
11-09-2012, 04:20 AM
Looks quite good to me although it's difficult to tell from the trailer.

Well, from the trailer it looks like Alien Zombie or something - those dead chaps are a lot quicker than the average human, not to mention the average corpse. Granted, any zombie movie will require large doses of suspension of disbelief, but this..? Plus, they kicked out JM Straczynski who, apparently, had written a great, respectful script. Hmm. Doesn't look very promising...

ADP.

biliousfrog
11-09-2012, 04:37 AM
28 days later also had 'fast' zombies, that was a decent film. The idea that the undead should be slow, rotting corpses is fine but there aren't any rules to say that's how they should be. If the premise of a zombie apocalypse is some kind of genetic, biological or evolutionary development then it's fair to assume that the human body might actually be enhanced in some ways, even if it's just pushing the body harder in a frenzied way to attack and feast.

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen it, there's little point attacking it based on preconceptions of what it 'should' be. I'll welcome anything that tries to do something different with a very tired genre, even if it could have been done better in some way.

alexos
11-09-2012, 05:02 AM
28 days later also had 'fast' zombies, that was a decent film.
Indeed it was - but the, er, "recently deceased" in that one were only human-fast; here, there are a couple of shots where you see thousands of them swarm forward (or upwards!) in a fluid-like manner, which is rather strange...

The idea that the undead should be slow, rotting corpses is fine but there aren't any rules to say that's how they should be. If the premise of a zombie apocalypse is some kind of genetic, biological or evolutionary development then it's fair to assume that the human body might actually be enhanced in some ways, even if it's just pushing the body harder in a frenzied way to attack and feast.

Oh, absolutely - again, suspension of disbelief: slow or fast, how can they actually move, considering that most tendons and whatnot will have rot? Why exactly shooting them in the head should stop them, given that for the most part they won't have anything at all inside their skulls? Why can't we just, like, run them over with a tank and mop the remains up later? What kind of Uma-Thurmanesque superhuman strenght must they possess to be able to dig their way out of the grave? And most important, why exactly do they want to, you know, EAT us?! And so on and so forth... But zombies are basically magic, so one usually just takes everything for granted without asking too many questions. Still, as tired as the genre might be, there is a... Mythology behind the whole idea and changing it so much seems just plain wrong to me.

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen it, there's little point attacking it based on preconceptions of what it 'should' be.

Of course. But my preconceptions come from having read the (rather good!) book this movie is based on and, well... Like I said, what I'm seeing doesn't look very promising :)

ADP.

MarcusM
11-09-2012, 05:14 AM
This "zombie" moving like in "I Am legend", on afretrburner (if it's good word) ;]
This World War Z need one guy in crowd:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWqGNITWIEc&feature=related

Cryonic
11-09-2012, 07:15 AM
Still, as tired as the genre might be, there is a... Mythology behind the whole idea and changing it so much seems just plain wrong to me. Which mythology are you talking about? Like vampires there are hundreds of myths about zombies. Dawn of the Dead seems to be the origin of the modern mythos of the slow, shuffling zombie.
Just look at the creatures that are in Resident Evil. They are faster and stronger than normal humans when they get sick.

zapper1998
11-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Looks Awesome

:)

hrgiger
11-09-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm looking forward to it.

Svenart
11-09-2012, 01:13 PM
yeah, zombies on steroids, nice.

probiner
11-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Zombies are just a way debasing humans to something that is permissibly abused. "Hey cmon, they're just zombies, it's ok" or "It's US or Them, kill!". You just need to replace the word "zombie" with some debased group of people: blacks, terrorists, criminals, patsies, women, poor, kids, common man, gentiles, sex workers, fat, outsiders, whatever.
I can stand them a little more when they are a way to reveal the rotten dark side of humanity. But most Zombie movies these days, are just pop-corn massacres.
Although, I never fancied zombies, I liked 28 days later, because it was about how ppl go by in those extreme situations, more than zombies.

Hey look at those piles of stupid zombies... they are not you and your family trying to escape from contingency measures when the **** hits the fan, relax...

Cheers

Oedo 808
11-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Zombies are just a way debasing humans to something that is permissibly abused. "Hey cmon, they're just zombies, it's ok" or "It's US or Them, kill!". You just need to replace the word "zombie" with some debased group of people: blacks, terrorists, criminals, patsies, women, poor, kids, common man, gentiles, sex workers, fat, outsiders, whatever.
I can stand them a little more when they are a way to reveal the rotten dark side of humanity. But most Zombie movies these days, are just pop-corn massacres.
Although, I never fancied zombies, I liked 28 days later, because it was about how ppl go by in those extreme situations, more than zombies.

Hey look at those piles of stupid zombies... they are not you and your family trying to escape from contingency measures when the **** hits the fan, relax...

Cheers

I look forward to your debut film... Zombie Rehab, you can follow it up with Zombie Rehab 2: Hug a Zombie. Although I'm not sure how you'd makes the sequel after the zombies have already been rehabilitated. :goodluck:

probiner
11-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Nahh it has been done :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mo6C6up1Qo

Zombies always relapse for some human flesh, it wouldn't be hard ;)

3dWannabe
11-09-2012, 10:21 PM
'Awful' not being a surprise since the script is from the fiend that typed up Prometheus.
With an obvious reference to The Fountainhead, is there a "We don't Read Wynand" movement for that twit?

I cringe every time his name comes up along with some movie I'd probably like to see - if it were penned by a good writer.

Prometheus was a beautiful movie, but ... a glue-sniffing 10 year old could have written a more logical script.

His 'genre' is the "just put strange stuff juxtapositioned to more strange stuff , don't worry about any coherence or logic or explanation, as the audience isn't that bright".

Ahhhhhh!

jasonwestmas
11-09-2012, 11:11 PM
unless their skin is melting and sticking to other things, there is no way those melding human formations could take place. lol. Looks pretty goofy.

Mr Rid
11-10-2012, 12:38 AM

Greenlaw
11-10-2012, 01:16 AM
Zombie lemmings! Awesome. :)

G.

safetyman
11-10-2012, 06:23 AM
I read the book that this movie is based on, and it doesn't resemble that in any way. World War Z was a series of stories related to a reporter (Pitt) after the zombie apocalypse. This looks like something else. I'll reserve judgment until I've seen it, but it looks like they've taken a good book and turned it upside down.

OFF
11-10-2012, 08:04 AM
real zombies watching movies about fictional zombies and pay for this abuse money, great!

Ryste3d
11-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Finally! Zombies that barely moves but somehow always manages to catch up with you irritates me. This is a zombie action movie.... they were pretty fast in “I am Legend” to.

Love it!

rwhunt99
11-12-2012, 12:28 PM
For me, I wouldn't mind the movie so much - EXCEPT, - - BRAD PITT????

Eagle66
11-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Hmm, i think it wasn't done with :lwicon: at the end of the Trailer: the crowd CG-Zombies climbing at the Wall: i think here you see the Limitation of the LW Flocking and Instancing :hey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HcwTxRuq-uk#t=115s

Interactively AI–enabled agents, autonomous driven character crowds and random animation with Cloth simulation, thats here the challenge!

OnlineRender
11-12-2012, 02:38 PM
I think walking dead tv series looks better if I am honest , the people remind me of the fight scene in the matrix or even blade 2 ! kinda plastic , still probably watch it!

erikals
11-14-2012, 01:03 AM
looks like a great popcorn movie, i'll watch it for sure... on DVD...

erikals
11-14-2012, 10:40 PM
or... > Warm Bodies :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ErWNBX9Rc

OnlineRender
11-15-2012, 01:30 AM
I must add I did see the sets "filmed in Glasgow" some parts are in the trailer and they did look awesome , total transformed Glasgow into Philadelphia ?

safetyman
11-15-2012, 05:40 AM
I must add I did see the sets "filmed in Glasgow" some parts are in the trailer and they did look awesome , total transformed Glasgow into Philadelphia ?

Yeah, I read that. Strange. It seems like the cost of flying all the cast & crew over seas versus actually filming in Philly would offset, but I guess those dang taxes put filming here over the top. Sad really.

Cryonic
11-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Taxes and actual costs to film on locations (traffic rerouting, permission from property owners, etc...)

wrightyp100
11-19-2012, 02:08 AM
They might have been fast in I am legend but they ruined the film. It was brilliant up until then. And they were too dumbed down and zombie like. They are supposed to be intelligent vampire like creatures I believe that see the main character as a barbaric freak.

Oh, and they looked awful.

toby
11-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Fast zombies are lame - they don't scare you as much as startle you, but it sure makes it easier on the filmmakers - *anything* that runs at you will elicit some excitement, so they don't have to work very hard at storytelling. Slow zombies also represent some decomposition, to be fast they have to be pretty healthy and coordinated zombies.

erikals
11-22-2012, 05:33 PM
agree, but i'll give it a go, see if it can "kick it"...

toby
11-22-2012, 05:38 PM
yea I'm totally seeing it anyway :D

erikals
11-22-2012, 05:40 PM
hey, what could possibly go wrong...?! lol :]

Ryste3d
11-23-2012, 03:11 AM
well so it's just me then, great!!! And Brat Pitt, love him, sorry. And the trailer looks awesome... wish I worked with this kind of animation :-)

toby
11-23-2012, 01:46 PM
omg it could be so much worse than Pitt - imagine it was some lifeless puppet actor like Tom Cruise, Chris Bale, Matt Damon, Denzel Washington ad infinitum 8/