PDA

View Full Version : Skelegon to Bone conversion resizes the bones

S_Warren
11-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Guys, I'm still learning.
Skelegons made on Modeler, converted to Bones in Layout.
How can I repair the size of the bones here. I thought there was an option but I'm missing it.
I am using version 9.6

http://media.use.com/images/s_1/72ca8bdca5f40790d53f.jpg (http://www.use.com/72ca8bdca5f40790d53f)

RebelHill
11-09-2012, 03:49 AM
turn on auto size bones in display options.

Ryan Roye
11-09-2012, 04:01 AM
Also, if you want to size a specific individual or group of bones, select the bones and hit "P" for properties. At the very bottom of the window that pops up you'll see "Bone icon size". Note that this option works seamlessly with "auto size bones", so you can have that checked, then go in and make size tweaks if needed.

SplineGod
11-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Im not sure having that option buried under display options is the best place for it. Its not the most logical place to look and I know its bitten more then a few ppl. :)

S_Warren
11-09-2012, 10:17 PM
My book doesn't cover an issue like this. I would think that everything to do with bones would be under the same tab.
Thank you for the help. I truly appreciate it.

RebelHill
11-10-2012, 04:04 AM
My book doesn't cover an issue like this. I would think that everything to do with bones would be under the same tab.

Its in the manual... p387... plus bones as they "appear" in the viewport are an icon... so having their global display option with other icon globals makes sense.

S_Warren
11-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Thank you RebelHill, I have the pdf version of the manual, I haven't been following it to be honest.
I've been using the book "Essential lightwave v9" and couldn't locate an entry.
I've since put the pdf's on the desktop for easy access and was reading through before posting this.
Goes to show me I shouldn't rely solely on one source of information.
I appreciate the pointer to the manual page, I'll get to reading it further.