PDA

View Full Version : F9 - F10 rendering not working with flocking VPR ok (LW 11)

samhern
11-07-2012, 08:35 PM
I am trying to render a simple scene! I can do a VPR and see the perfect scene with the flocking objects flying around, but when I try to render using F9 or F10 I only see the background and any other objects on the scene that is not instanced, the flocking objects are not there... !! What I am missing here ????

dwburman
11-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Let me see if i understand your question. Have a flock set up and moving around. You are using instancer to put objects on the flock. The instances show up in VPR but don't show up in the real render.

When you're doing the VPR render, is your viewport set to camera? F9 - F10 only renders the camera view whilst VPR will render almost any view. If your camera isn't pointed at the action it could look like the instances aren't rendering because they are out of frame. If that's not the problem (and the way you phrased the question leads me to think that you do actually have the camera pointed in the right direction) then i don't know what's going on with that.

samhern
11-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Thanks very much for your direction to the camera issue. I verified the camera was pointing to the objects and they were. But, I then switched the camera type from classical to perspective, and WALLA!! it worked. So it has to do with the camera type...What's the camera type difference and why it shows on VPR when it can not render to file with F9 ??...

BeeVee
11-09-2012, 04:09 AM
Because VPR (and all the other cameras in LightWave now) are based on the Perspective camera and it's the one you should be using. The Classic camera is a relic from earlier versions of LightWave, kept in for compatibility with old scenes, but has none of the advanced capabilities of the newer cameras.

B