PDA

View Full Version : "Scale keys" unexpected results

medicalart
11-07-2012, 02:03 PM
I have a short animation sequence (10 seconds) that I want to stretch so it will last 15 seconds. I've used the Scene editor "scale keys" pane. The animation overall became 15 seconds, but the timing is wrong for some of the objects. I thought "scale keys" kept envelopes and motion keys in proportion.
Does anyone have any advice on how to simply stretch the time frame without ruining the timing in the sequence? I'm using LW 11.0.3

Thanks.

nickdigital
11-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Is it specific items that weren't scaled? On a crude test with a null that has position keys and an envelope dissolve scale keys in the Scene Editor worked fine for me. (I used the classic scene editor).

Areyos Alektor
11-08-2012, 03:49 AM
For this the best is to use "Timewarp" ("Cameras" / "Motion Options" / "Add Modifier"). Don't enable the VPR, on the other hand it works very well with the integrated OPEN-GL preview.

medicalart
11-08-2012, 08:25 AM
For this the best is to use "Timewarp" ("Cameras" / "Motion Options" / "Add Modifier".. I'll try that, thanks.

And Nick, I now see that the only keys not influenced by the "scale keys" in the scene editor, were keys influencing transparency settings in the surface editor. Thanks for your help.