PDA

View Full Version : VPR and Instances

alexs3d
11-07-2012, 02:14 AM
hi, i work a lot with the instancer in lightwave, when i have many instances i decrease the open gl preview of the intances for better performance, all is ok at this point :)

now i turn on the VPR and all looks really nice, the only problem is that i do not see all instance because i decreased the open gl preview of the intances and i cannot judge my render correctly :)

would be nice to have the option to see in vpr the opengl view or the renderview of the instances.

what do you think about it ?

alexs

jasonwestmas
11-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Hmm, i would have thought that VPR performance would be fine regardless of the ogl performance. I guess you are using a ton of instances.

alexs3d
11-07-2012, 07:28 AM
yes thatīs right, i need this feature only for testing the final render output if all the instances look good, not for every preview.

i could always change the ogl preview forth and back for all instancers (trees, grass, shrubs, stones ...) and then look the vpr preview, but then the performance of lightwave lacks and it is very clicky :)

the VPR is incredible fast, also with a lot of instancers and much faster as a render.