PDA

View Full Version : Lscripting in modeler - can we execute things like "completetool" or "droptool"

Tommy_TGCG
11-06-2012, 06:05 AM
Hello!

I'm new to lscript.

I'd like to know how to run Modeler's "completetool" command in a script (it's the one that completes current tool's action and drops tool selection)?

Are the commands like load, save, clone etc. that usually open up windows with options accessible at all?

Or is it so that only the "cmd$" commands can be called by "cmdseq" and all the others can't be run?

And while we're at it, is there a Modeler version of lscript commander (or anything else that might record lscript commands)?

xchrisx
11-06-2012, 09:30 AM
from my experience with lscript here are my answers:

I'd like to know how to run Modeler's "completetool" command in a script (it's the one that completes current tool's action and drops tool selection)?
Honestly Ive never used the completetool command and in the past I have always had to drop selections by clearing them using selpolygon(CLEAR) and selpoint(CLEAR)

Are the commands like load, save, clone etc. that usually open up windows with options accessible at all?
None of the commands I have ever tried have invoked an actual tool's gui front end. They only allow you to run them as gui-less operations so if you want to use them you have to build your own gui for them.

Or is it so that only the "cmd$" commands can be called by "cmdseq" and all the others can't be run?
I believe that is the case regarding command sequence plugins/functions.

And while we're at it, is there a Modeler version of lscript commander (or anything else that might record lscript commands)?
Unfortunately no, this has been requested a lot and has never been implemented.

I would also recommend you take a look at mike greens lscript documentation. It is by far a lot easier to search and understand than the Lightwave Lscript Reference/Manuals/Release notes.
http://mikegreen.name/Lscript/Lscript%20Index.html

Tommy_TGCG
11-07-2012, 02:04 AM
Hello!

Thank you for the explanation and Mike Green's link -the resource is very good indeed.

I do know about selpolygon and selpoint - it's the "make and drop tool" thing that I do not know how to execute.

It's strange that you can easily map these functions to keyboard keys, but can't run them from lscript.