PDA

View Full Version : T.V Latency as seond display

Blake W
11-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Ok so I'm having an issue with latency on our secondary display which is a t.v displaying the program window. it seems like there is almost a .5 sec to 1 sec delay when the talent moves in front of the camera to when it shows the movement on the T.V.

We are using PMW EX1 into and TCXD 300 Tricaster

Currently the setup is a Toshiba computer monitor as primary connected via DVI>DVI.
secondary monitor (T.V LED) is connect via HDMI cable with DVI adapter.

The T.V has a refresh rate of 120hz and a response time of 8ms. (I feel this should be adequate)

The kicker is that the Toshiba Monitor (Primary) Has no or unnoticeable latency issues, just the T.V,

should I be hooking up the T.V with one of the video outs on the front with an SDI>HDMI converter???

Cheers,

kanep
11-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Ok so I'm having an issue with latency on our secondary display which is a t.v displaying the program window. it seems like there is almost a .5 sec to 1 sec delay when the talent moves in front of the camera to when it shows the movement on the T.V.

We are using PMW EX1 into and TCXD 300 Tricaster

Currently the setup is a Toshiba computer monitor as primary connected via DVI>DVI.
secondary monitor (T.V LED) is connect via HDMI cable with DVI adapter.

The T.V has a refresh rate of 120hz and a response time of 8ms. (I feel this should be adequate)

The kicker is that the Toshiba Monitor (Primary) Has no or unnoticeable latency issues, just the T.V,

should I be hooking up the T.V with one of the video outs on the front with an SDI>HDMI converter???

Cheers,

See if that monitor has a 'gaming mode', if so turn that on and see if it helps. Also the latency can be different depending on the resolution being feed to it, if this monitor is running the multiview display you can try other resolutions to see if that makes a difference (if possible match the output to the native resolution of the monitor).

SBowie
11-05-2012, 05:57 AM
The T.V has a refresh rate of 120hz and a response time of 8ms. (I feel this should be adequate)These attributes have to do with how smoothly video is (or can be) displayed, but actually have little bearing on latency.