PDA

View Full Version : Does LW 11 have a bug with retaining texturing?

Bax33
11-04-2012, 10:27 AM
I'm in layout and have scene 1 saved. I change the textures on several objects by applying some presets and making some additional changes. I save the scene, close layout and at the prompt I click Save and Exit. I reopen layout and load the same scene via Recent Scenes. And none of the texture changes remain. In fact, it went back to the original texture before I made the saves. What is going on here? Do I have to have the model loaded in Modeler before the textures can be retained? thanks

UnCommonGrafx
11-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Yes,
This is a 'bug' they put in some time ago:
- Objects surfaced in layout should be saved there, too. Otherwise, changes are lost.
- Scenes only save info from the scene, not object surface settings.

This is a great time to suggest that you peruse the manual a bit as this is a basic. Sarcasm aside, one should avail oneself of the learning material called The Manual.

Sensei
11-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Download SaveSceneAndAllObjects from www.trueart.eu
assign to 's' or so,
and press instead of regular LW Save.
And you will never forget saving objects.

Alternative is TrueArt's Global Materials http://globalmaterials.trueart.eu
because these materials are saved together with scene, not with objects.

Bax33
11-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Thanks all. I'll try the TrueArt's suggestion. I've been a programmer for years and I'm used to auto saves at every compile, sounds like the Trueart suggestion is a similar. Thanks

dwburman
11-04-2012, 02:01 PM
There's a 'Save All' button in LW11 that'll save both the scene and objects. I think it was added in LW10, but I could be off on that.

UnCommonGrafx
11-04-2012, 02:07 PM
As well, there's exactly what you want inside the setup panel. Press d.

Edit: and though Sensei has shared one of his plugs, some of that has been integrated into 11.03, I believe. The save-all, as Dana spoke of, would be invaluable to you, as a native solution.

Sensei
11-04-2012, 02:09 PM
The difference between SaveSceneAndAllObjects and SaveAll is that mine tool is disabling temporarily showing requesters, which Save All is showing and annoying user with windows.

Other than that SaveSceneAndAllObjects have second command SaveSceneAndAllObjectsIncrement, which is incrementing both scene and increment all objects, making completely independent scene which you can freely modify.