PDA

View Full Version : How do they put irc chat in lowe third

GeekNews
11-02-2012, 07:28 PM
When TWIT was at CES last year they put their chat room in a lower third on the screen. Does anyone know how they do this? See the image.

Lee-AVP
11-02-2012, 08:36 PM
I would do it with a VI scaling up a segment of a chat box.

csandy
11-03-2012, 06:40 AM
When TWIT was at CES last year they put their chat room in a lower third on the screen. Does anyone know how they do this?

Hey Todd, you could use a scaler or LiveText2 (standalone) with datalink. You could also use a Chyron or Decco system by using a pair of inputs set up as fill and key. Or you could use Chyron's recently announced CG that uses iVGA. Or you could use iVGA and key out the top 2/3rd.... there's a bunch of ways to skin that cat.

PIZAZZ
11-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Hey Todd, you could use a scaler or LiveText2 (standalone) with datalink. You could also use a Chyron or Decco system by using a pair of inputs set up as fill and key. Or you could use Chyron's recently announced CG that uses iVGA. Or you could use iVGA and key out the top 2/3rd.... there's a bunch of ways to skin that cat.

Or use an Ipad through the network input scaled with a Virtual Input
Or use a digital whiteboard with a video output.
Or just a sheet of paper with crayons and a camera pointed at the paper.

All kidding aside...

I have found the software ProPresenter 5 to be a great solution for sucking down Twitter feeds for display. The software cost is nothing compared to Chyron's Shout $20k or other twitter culling software (10k). You can even do an add on that allows ProPresenter to output Key/Fill via a BMD card. I am not 100% sure it does IRC feeds but it is worth looking into.

joedemax
11-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Quite simple. All you'd need to do is pull up the chat on a computer that's video output is going into the TriCaster (or iVGA would work great for this). Then just select it in a DSK and crop and resize as needed. Done!

joseburgos
11-28-2012, 06:06 AM
I have stopped using live Twitter, IRC, Etc in productions because you don't have control over what exactly you want on screen let alone "junk" people could post. I use LiveText stand-alone using its DataLink function to copy and paste to a text file. A client would have to insist on a live feed for me to go that route but if I did, there are numerous ways as these great guys have already posted.

Good luck,

joedemax
12-02-2012, 04:22 PM
I have stopped using live Twitter, IRC, Etc in productions because you don't have control over what exactly you want on screen let alone "junk" people could post. I use LiveText stand-alone using its DataLink function to copy and paste to a text file. A client would have to insist on a live feed for me to go that route but if I did, there are numerous ways as these great guys have already posted.

Good luck,

if you want to filter stuff from Facebook and Twitter i'd suggest VidPresso. It's really easy to use and elegant.

joseburgos
12-03-2012, 07:56 AM
if you want to filter stuff from Facebook and Twitter i'd suggest VidPresso. It's really easy to use and elegant.

The VidPresso looks like it would work for some of my larger clients, Thank you for mentioning it :)

PIZAZZ
12-03-2012, 08:02 AM
For the price of VidPresso per month, I would rather buy adequate software to perform the task. For example Pro Presenter from renewed vision cost about as much as one month with VidPresso. The twitter integration works really well and is really easy to use.

joseburgos
12-03-2012, 08:09 AM
I'll re-look at Pro Presenter, been a while since I have anyway, thanks Jef

avkid6345
12-05-2012, 04:57 PM
I really like ProPresenter. I've used it on many occasions. The Twitter integration is awesome. You do have control over which tweets get displayed. You have to approve every tweet. I also use it a lot for fullscreen video playback. It can handle many different codecs with great stability. CamTwist has a lot of web integration "stuff" to offer. It's not the prettiest, but it's saved my butt a lot of frustration in the past. (These are programs that seem to run better on the Mac platform, but I think there's Windows versions also. At least ProPresenter)

joedemax
12-15-2012, 10:12 AM
I really like ProPresenter. I've used it on many occasions. The Twitter integration is awesome. You do have control over which tweets get displayed. You have to approve every tweet. I also use it a lot for fullscreen video playback. It can handle many different codecs with great stability. CamTwist has a lot of web integration "stuff" to offer. It's not the prettiest, but it's saved my butt a lot of frustration in the past. (These are programs that seem to run better on the Mac platform, but I think there's Windows versions also. At least ProPresenter)

CamTwist is really great. I've had success in the past using a network input to bring it in and then key over the top of the program.

GeekNews
12-26-2012, 08:55 PM
I have been considering making the jump and doing this with Pro-Presenter and quite honestly this is something that I am considering in the ninth hour. So can this be run on a mac mini just wrapping my head on how to get the presenter screen to the tricaster... Not sure this can be done with a mac mini.

Could someone check and see if UltraStudio Express work with ProPresenter with their alpha keying module.

Todd..

All kidding aside...

I have found the software ProPresenter 5 to be a great solution for sucking down Twitter feeds for display. The software cost is nothing compared to Chyron's Shout $20k or other twitter culling software (10k). You can even do an add on that allows ProPresenter to output Key/Fill via a BMD card. I am not 100% sure it does IRC feeds but it is worth looking into.

PIZAZZ
12-26-2012, 09:31 PM
You could go that route
or just use iVGA or just use a straight hdmi to SDI converter with a green background to key out