PDA

View Full Version : Simple way for clay rendering?

sukardi
10-31-2012, 06:59 PM
Excuse me if this has been discussed before. I do not seem to be able to find a straight answer for it.

Is there a simple way to do clay rendering and toggle it back to normal rendering without changing the materials. Any plugin for it?

I think it would be very useful to be able to set up my lighting and environment in clay mode and toggling to full render as part of the workflow .

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Areyos Alektor
10-31-2012, 07:08 PM
A fast and simple method is to render the Ambient Occlusion only, or retrieve the Buffer.

sukardi
10-31-2012, 07:19 PM
Thanks Areyos but rendering ambient occlusion gives you a clay look but it does not give you the correct lighting behaviour...

Sensei
10-31-2012, 08:51 PM
Is there a simple way to do clay rendering and toggle it back to normal rendering without changing the materials. Any plugin for it?

I think it would be very useful to be able to set up my lighting and environment in clay mode and toggling to full render as part of the workflow .

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Do you saw Global Materials?

http://globalmaterials.trueart.eu

sukardi
10-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks Sensei,

That looks very promising. I'll check it out...

dwburman
10-31-2012, 09:09 PM
Not exactly a clay look, but you could do your real texturing in the node editor and just do simple, solid gray in the layer system and just uncheck the Box next to Edit Nodes. That way all your real surfacing is disabled, but still there.

Of course, Global Materials would let you do this on a scene basis instead of a surface by surface basis.

sukardi
11-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks dwburman,

I was thinking along the same line but didn't know about global materials...