PDA

View Full Version : modelling-> making a floor look wet

webshot
10-31-2003, 10:24 AM
well maybe that is a texturing question. However I am trying to get the hang of texturing in LW. I have a box that I am going to use as a floor. But I am trying to get the floor to look high gloss to the point where it looks wet. Any ideas, help or tuts appreciated. I am reading the texturing for dummies series right now. I may get an answer there too.

Mylenium
10-31-2003, 12:13 PM
Well, "wetness" is normally reflected by an increase of specularity, gloss and reflectivity along with a decrease in diffuse values which makes this a mere texturing issue. Depending on the material you intend to simulate there are only small differences. For instance ceramic tiles will show almost no change whereas wood will become much darker when wet. There is no general recipe so it's best to use some reference photos to get the look you want/ need.

Mylenium

bloontz
10-31-2003, 01:00 PM
You may also want to paint a reflection/specularity map to show areas that are dry and those that are wet.

Lightbase
11-01-2003, 06:37 AM
You can use gradient maps by weight for specular and golss(subdivide your floor and add weight to places where you want to be wet). It is another texturing technic, but i think image maps are more usefull here.

Good luck!