PDA

View Full Version : Area Light Icon changed

jameshh007
10-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Hi,

Anyone have any idea why my area light icon in LW changed?
I've started LW from scratch, I've cleared the scene and it still remains the same.

My other lights look fine. Makes it kind of hard to use area lights.

kopperdrake
10-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Funny you should mention that as I've used area lights just now and mine disappeared (the icon). I still had the directional arrows but no square icon to go with them. I quite LightWave, shut down the hub, restarted and reloaded and it was back. It's happened about 4 times today - lots of VPR work (with OpenGL overlay turned on). I get a bug where if I change views (say, from side to top down) in VPR, the screen doesn't refresh and it sits on the last view chosen. I have to switch to wireframe, then back to VPR, but also need to re-centre the current object as it's usually no longer in place. I wonder if VPR is messing things up a bit - I've just remembered another weird one today where my area light icon turned up attached to the directional arrows of a volumatric light in the scene, but the area light's directional arrows were still where they should be - as yours are shown. Again, it was a quit LW, quit hub, restart, reload and they were back to normal.

Something funky is amiss - try the hub restart.

RudySchneider
10-29-2012, 04:20 PM
Interesting. I can duplicate what you're seeing by stretching ("h" shortcut) and dragging the X- and Y- size gizmos to zero. But it only works by dragging. Entering values of zero and zero has no affect.