PDA

View Full Version : 3 PLAY 425 studdering on playback. UGH! Newtek Gods Please Help!

Sean Fahey
10-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Hello,

I'm a new member here and came aboard because of a problem I'm having with our new XD425 replay system.:bangwall: We have installed it in our new broadcast trailer:

And here is the 425 in action:

And as you can see on the left bottom side monitor is where we put the second multiview so the producer can see what sources are being routed into the 4 input channels.

Anyway, we CANNOT seem to do any show without this thing starting to studder and freeze during playback. We have defrag the drives, we moved the unit right under the table next to the operator with plenty of ventilation so usb control cable lengths are only 3 feet but it continues to studder off and on. when it get bad, we reboot the system, and it works fine for a LITTLE bit but then it starts to studder again. What can it be? OR what are we doing wrong?

I heard of splitting the inputs up a crossed the drives and asked the operator if he did that, but Im not sure about that. is there any other setting(s) that I have OR NOT done that would cause this problem. I did see a warning for the the first time when I was studdering that said, "Heavy Drive Use Will Cause Dropped Frames in The Video" It was in red for just a moment and then disappeared.

Any help or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated! My director is going to kill me if I don't get this working right.:2guns: I'm wondering if we are taxing the system by how we are using it.

Thanks!

Sean Fahey
KJZZ-TV/Utah Jazz

PIZAZZ
10-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Sean,

Have you contacted NewTek customer support? They should be able to walk you through some tests that verify your setup. I will alert some of the engineer folks I know at NewTek to see if they could reach out to you.

BigTime551
11-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Any ideas on how to resolve the problem mentioned above? I'm have the same issues.

Zane Condren
11-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Have you installed the latest updates for your 3Play. If so and you still have this issue please contact NewTek Customer support. Details on contacting customer support can be found here http://www.newtek.com/contact-us.html.

BigTime551
11-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks, Zane. It's a newly installed system. I am an operator and do not have much to do with the maintenance or install, but I'll suggest they do this. Norm