PDA

View Full Version : TC 850 Transistions

DStoneburner
10-27-2012, 02:12 PM
I looked it up but couldn't figure out how to make a transition for the TC 850. I have an non-extreme 850, which if I'm correct doesn't do DVE type transitions. There is a transition that has the word Newtek in the middle of it. I would like make a transition like that with either a league logo or name in it for replays. I don't have lightwave. I do have a TC 455. Can I make transitions on that and use it on the 850? Thanks for the help in advance.

kltv
10-27-2012, 10:18 PM
You can make custom transition in the 455 using the Animation Store Creator in the Add Ons menus. However, you can not use that wipe on the 850. It doesn't support those transitions.

Kris

DStoneburner
10-28-2012, 07:22 AM
You can make custom transition in the 455 using the Animation Store Creator in the Add Ons menus. However, you can not use that wipe on the 850. It doesn't support those transitions.

Kris

I didn't think so. So how would I make a wipe like the one that has the word Newtek cut out of the middle? Any tutorials to show how that is made? Thanks

kltv
10-29-2012, 03:19 PM
I think those are just a .DDS file that ramps from black to white. I don't think there are any tutorials for that. Do you have a DDR available you can burn for a transition effect? Pre-850 Extreme, I used one of the DDRs to run a replay effect and cut underneath. I used one of those little Belkin Nostromo controllers I use with my Scoreboards to control the timing of the effect and it worked great.

Kris

DStoneburner
10-30-2012, 06:47 AM
Kris,
Thanks I have been thinking about using a DDR for that reason, right now I use one for replay and 1 for spots. I could put it in the spots folder but I was trying to find something that was little more bullet proof. I will be adding a 3play 420 for replays sometime in the next couple of weeks, so then I could use the current relay DDR. It still would be nice to figure out how to make the wipe effect with a different word in it. I like it because it's not so much "in your face". Some of the replay graphics that I have seen before are like a logo exploded on the screen. Making animated graphics is my weakest point, so it ends up being a lot of work that I don't have time for. I have an all green crew this year that I have to mentor and train as well. Also no budget to buy any graphic packages. Thanks f

kltv
10-30-2012, 11:00 PM
I'll try and take a peek at those files. I think probably all you need to do is make a grayscale file in Photoshop and convert it somehow to those .DDS files. I know I couldn't do that on my Mac at the time, but there was an nVidia application or converter of some kind. Then you'd probably just need to duplicate one of those transition folders and modify the XML file a bit.

Kris