PDA

View Full Version : importing images into LiveText 2

mikewagenheim
10-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Hello folks,

I am a complete novice when it comes to graphics and only a notch or two above when it comes to the Tricaster, so please forgive my ignorance and, if you have any hints, try to go easy on the lingo!

I've got a Tricaster Studio and recently purchased LiveText 2. I host/produce a TV show that has a presenting sponsor. We are trying to get their logo in the lower right corner of the screen throughout the show while still keying in lower thirds. I cannot figure out for the life of me how to import the logo onto the LiveText 2 canvas in order to incorporate it with the lower-thirds. Is it possible to do that? If so, what format does the logo need to be in?

With regards to importing, there are several titles in LiveText that include a box which says "Insert Image." Again, I just can't figure out how to import an image in. Any help would be appreciated. For the record, I read the user's guide and couldn't find anything specific to help me. If I missed it, I apologize.

Mike

DStoneburner
10-27-2012, 01:04 PM
That's really easy to do. First make your logo on a transparent background and save it as a PNG. Make sure to save it in a folder on the livetext computer. Now open up to live text and your project. In the bottom tabs, there is a tab that I think says files. I don't have my livetext in front of me right now, so i'm trying to remember. It is right next to the layers tab. In that tab you can navigate to different folders, find your logo and add it into your cg window. Good luck

mikewagenheim
10-27-2012, 04:06 PM
That's really easy to do. First make your logo on a transparent background and save it as a PNG. Make sure to save it in a folder on the livetext computer. Now open up to live text and your project. In the bottom tabs, there is a tab that I think says files. I don't have my livetext in front of me right now, so i'm trying to remember. It is right next to the layers tab. In that tab you can navigate to different folders, find your logo and add it into your cg window. Good luck

Thanks! I'm going to re-format the logo into PNG and add alpha channel. Can the PNG file be maneuvered and resized within the canvas?

mikewagenheim
10-28-2012, 12:16 PM
Thanks! I'm going to re-format the logo into PNG and add alpha channel. Can the PNG file be maneuvered and resized within the canvas?

Never mind. I've got it. Thanks so much!